What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed?

3 posters

Go down

WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed? Empty WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed?

Post  Moomin76 Fri May 15, 2009 2:13 pm

It is ten minutes past noon and I have just watched a Bacardi advert. Is this appropriate? I don't believe it is and that all alcohol advertising prior to the watershed should be banned. Cigarettes can't be advertised on television at all and yet we allow alcohol advertising at all times of the day!

WYO?
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed? Empty Re: WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed?

Post  Anybugger Fri May 15, 2009 2:47 pm

hmm I'm not really that opposed to it, tbh. My children are far more likely to be sway into the latest "battle racer pokemon ball thing" than bacardi.

I do come from the early exposure camp though. My boys will occasionally get water and wine (just enough to turn the water pink) with a special meal. I hope to teach them that there is nothing "special" about alcohol or getting drunk.

At the end of the day alcohol in moderation is ok whereas (IMO) all smoking is bad (said as an ex smoker).

Unless it was a nudey woman advert in which case they should ALL be banned, esp when DH is watching Laughing
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed? Empty Re: WYOO alcohol advertising before the watershed?

Post  sunset30 Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 am

I agree with AB - I also hope to teach that alcohol is no big deal and also that adverts are just little ways to get you to spend your money on something you don't really want or need!

Alcohol does damage, I agree, BUT it's not the same as smoking. Alcohol in moderation is a healthy thing, whereas smoking is bad from the first puff (another ex smoker here btw)

But then I also think they should have separate movie classification for sex related things and violence related things.
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down