What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How old are you and how old do you feel

+11
phoenix
Cadiva
sunset30
MrsGoggins
Jeliwobble
Smartiepants
EeeGee
Henri
Slinky
Zog
Anybugger
15 posters

Go down

Actual Age

How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_lcap5%How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_lcap10%How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_lcap70%How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 14 ]
How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_lcap10%How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_lcap5%How old are you and how old do you feel Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

How old are you and how old do you feel Empty How old are you and how old do you feel

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Does your actual age match how you feel?
I turned 30 in January and its starting to dawn on me (slowly) that I'm not a young one anymore.
That said, because ALL of my RL friends are older than me, literally all of them, and most by a good 8-10 years I do always feel younger and more trendy (ha!) than my group.

How about you?
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

How old are you and how old do you feel Empty Re: How old are you and how old do you feel

Post  Zog Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Well I can tell you that having to tick "50 and under " in your poll has just made me feel very old! Sad

I will be 42 next Tuesday but I feel about 28. I'm not sure where all the years have gone but they don't seem to have changed me. Whenever I meet someone from school that I haven't seen for over 20 years they always recognise me instantly. I think spending 10 years abroad has meant that my age was put on hold for 10 years, so maybe I am really only 32. flower bounce
Zog
Zog

Back to top Go down

How old are you and how old do you feel Empty Re: How old are you and how old do you feel

Post  Slinky Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Didn't appreciate having to tick 40 and under. Pfft.

It depends for me.. I feel like I'm about 60 in the mornings.. gradually goes down throughout the day, until I'm about 25.. and then slowly up again until bedtime. Seriously though, I feel like I should still be about 22/23. No idea how 31 happened.

I do so hate being able to say "20 years ago..." and still have my age in double figures.
Slinky
Slinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:56 pm

20. 21 in a month.

Usually I feel a lot older than I am. I certainly feel older than M, who is 11 months older than I am. Before I got pregnant I probably acted a bit like I was still 18. I had kind of been stuck in a time-warp where I'd been 18 for four or five years!
Now I feel 24 when I'm dealing with all the stuff most 20 yr olds don't deal with (husbands, housework, pregnancy, etc) and about 12 when I'm dealing with pregnancy stuff, because I know NOTHING about babies and I feel stupid.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinky Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

I knew nothing about babies before I had G either - I remember ringing my mum once, when she was about 8 weeks old, and asking why she kept waking up.. I had some vague idea that all babies did was sleep until they were about 18m, when they then started talking..

She's still alive.. and that counts as perfect parenting in my book.. you'll be fine! lol
Slinky
Slinky

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:33 pm

I'm 30. Don't feel older than that - probably feel about 28. I'm sure that will all change as the girls get older!! Hehe!

Could tick all those boxes except for 20 and under because I am under 60, 50, 40 and 30!! Laughing (Or am I just being a clever bugger? Rolling Eyes)
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm

I had to ask my MIL how big newborns were. The only baby I'd ever been around was 6 months old and she seemed frightfully small to me. I couldn't imagine someone being SMALLER than that.

I'm trying to think of particularly dim baby-ignorance stories. In early pregnancy my main fear was that she'd poo in the bath. I have now gotten over it and accepted that she will poo EVERYWHERE.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 pm

EeeGee wrote:I'm 30. Don't feel older than that - probably feel about 28. I'm sure that will all change as the girls get older!! Hehe!

Could tick all those boxes except for 20 and under because I am under 60, 50, 40 and 30!! Laughing (Or am I just being a clever bugger? Rolling Eyes)

you're just being a bugger!!!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

How old are you and how old do you feel Empty Biddy.

Post  Smartiepants Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm nearly 27 but feel about 77 if I can as I've not actually been 77 yet. I'm a biddy at heart...I love a good ole cuppa tea, a rich tea and a chin wag on the phone. I can moan the pants of anyone wearing pants. I'm a female Mr Meldrew.
What a Face
See. I have to use huge type for my bad eye site. Which is actually VERY bad indeed.
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Fri May 01, 2009 12:06 am

Anybugger wrote:
EeeGee wrote:I'm 30. Don't feel older than that - probably feel about 28. I'm sure that will all change as the girls get older!! Hehe!

you're just being a bugger!!!
Mua ha ha ha! Twisted Evil
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 01, 2009 1:13 am

I'm three frigging years off 40...my dh IS 40 in August...

WHEN THE F&(% DID THAT HAPPEN?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsGoggins Fri May 01, 2009 1:28 am

I'm 32 iin August and my husband is 37. I still feel young. Some of my friends are 40 and over and they just look young too. I think when you are a mum of young children, age doesn't matter in friendships.
MrsGoggins
MrsGoggins

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Fri May 01, 2009 1:18 pm

I am 33 (I hated having to tick the 40 and under box Sad Wink )
I have the plus point of having a DP who is already 50 though, so I feel young all the time!
I actually feel MUCH younger than this, usually somewhere between about 17 and 23! I think I failed to grow up at all lmao!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 am

I'm 39, will be 40 in February and I have to say, my age doesn't bother me in the slightest with the single exception of I worry about getting too old for my son and any other kids I might have (desperately broody for another one already).
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 2:02 am

I had to tick a horrible box and am now sulking.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Fri May 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Some days I feel ancient other days I feel like I am 19 again ( I am 35).
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Age grrrr horrid when your past 30 i say lol. I will be turning 36 in july and think the last 20 yrs has shot by. SLOW DOWN lol
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  aloveofeachcolour Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Oh dear, I was hoping for a box that had a 30 against it (i.e. 30+) but I had to use the 40 and under box. However, I see I am in the majority (the moment, anyway).

I turned 34 last weekend. I feel about that, I think. Of course, I would like to be in my twenties, with the experience I have now. Doesn't work like that though, does it.........

I can feel my life trickling away, and I don't......like........it......
aloveofeachcolour
aloveofeachcolour

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat2 Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Normally I feel my age unless playing with the children then my inner child comes out. But today I feel about 100 we got back from Scotland today (visiting family) and we weren't getting to bed untill after Midnight and DS decided (every morning) that 5.30 was when he wanted to wake up
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down