What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIBU to feel odd about posting here?

+6
emmap
sunset30
Jeliwobble
Anybugger
phoenix
Smartiepants
10 posters

Go down

AIBU to feel odd about posting here? Empty AIBU to feel odd about posting here?

Post  Smartiepants Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 am

It feels weird. I'm not used to it. I'm sad everything as changed although I completely understand why!
Must make myself post more....I need more points. Am I being a miserable cow. Someone be nice, I'm lost in the world of forums and don't know what to do!!!!!!
Where's home!?!?!?!?!
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

AIBU to feel odd about posting here? Empty Re: AIBU to feel odd about posting here?

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 12:25 am

This is home. Here, I saved you a seat. Want a biscuit?

Have to admit, I felt... disloyal?... at first. But this is a totally different forum, and it is possible to enjoy all different places. I'm just glad I can keep up with my friends here. You get used to the differences soon enough, and I have to say - this place is very light hearted and I have FUN here, I enjoy visiting, which makes a lovely change.

How're you feeling btw?
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

AIBU to feel odd about posting here? Empty Re: AIBU to feel odd about posting here?

Post  Smartiepants Fri May 08, 2009 12:31 am

I'm totally grieving it's crap! I feel like right saddo! Other than that i'm ok. Just a bit lost in cyberspace. very sad
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Fri May 08, 2009 12:35 am

pg hormones, Razz Razz Razz Razz
This can be home but so can the "other" site, I do split between the two (but don't tell Marley/Hushy!!)
Make a pact to post on 5 things a day and then it will feel more like home.
Oh and make sure they are on my boards, then I look popular!!! Surprised
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 12:40 am

Ignore that silly anybugger and post wherever you like.

Coughbookscoughparentingcough.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 08, 2009 1:01 am

I'm not sure YBU as I still feel a little odd posting here especially as we can't really talk about the stuff on the 'other' board. But, hey ho.

I've posted on a lot of forums in my life, it's kind of nice that I know most of the posters here and it's also nice to get to know new people with similar tastes to me...or not as the case maybe!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Fri May 08, 2009 9:11 am

phoenix wrote:Ignore that silly anybugger and post wherever you like.

Dear God that sounds odd phoenix, have you seen a doctor?
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 am

Does feel a bit strange tbh.
I am glad you brought it up, as I thought it was just me.
Although I also know that I really get affected by these things, and am trying to see all the positives and make myself at home here.
I HOPE it's not unreasonable!
I have deleted more than I have posted the last few days - I am struggling to find the confidence that I ahve anything to say - I think it's all tied up in how I feel about "the other place" and it's hard.
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Anybugger wrote:
phoenix wrote:Ignore that silly anybugger and post wherever you like.

Dear God that sounds odd phoenix, have you seen a doctor?

Hon, I think you misspelled your ID.. there's an "no ing" missing.. "anNOyINGbugger"... cheeky
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  emmap Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Am i sensing a number of people who did/do frequent other areas? but are clearly using new user names? If so then no yanbu things are dire but this is doing great and will take off well as word spreads
Emma

emmap

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Fri May 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Having absolutely no clue about the reasons behind this forum being created or where the "other" place is, to be it seems a bit unreasonable but that's with the ignorance of a lack of background. I've just come to this forum by finding it in Slinky's blog so I haven't any idea why there should be any issues posting here.

To me it's just another forum, if you see what I mean?
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2009 8:25 pm

I don't think YABtotallyU ... but this forum feels quite 'homey' to me now, lol.

I'd hope *people* felt comfortable posting here, but I can sort-of understand if they don't.

For the benefit of the newcomers, yes there was another forum a fair few of us used (and some still do). I created the first WYOO there, it was my 'baby' which ended up with 500 users and 12,000 page views per average day. However, I ended up flouncing (spectacularly!) from the forum which hosted it, and created this version of WYOO because I'd miss my wee group, lol.

I changed my username as I fancied a change after so many years of using 'Hushy'. Some of the people from the 'other' forum changed their usernames too when they joined here.

I can understand why this forum doesn't feel like home yet, it's very new (2 weeks I think?) and the layout is very different. However, I like it, lol. I like not having to kow-tow to anyone, heh!

There are lots of members who I don't know from anywhere else, which was the whole idea! I'm hoping that as time goes on we'll become even more popular than my original WYOO group was/is! It can be done! Word of mouth will be our biggest draw, so I really appreciate any feedback on site improvements which might encourage people to invite their friends. Everyone is welcome, young or old, male or female.

XXX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 pm

I am feeling quiet at home here. Every day I am going to the other place less and less. I think that WYOO was just what I needed to break free from the other place as I was getting bored and disheartened by it.
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 9:18 pm

I gave you + points, because you ask so nicely... lol.

I also agree with what you said.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Moomin76 Fri May 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Smartiepants wrote:It feels weird. I'm not used to it. I'm sad everything as changed although I completely understand why!
Must make myself post more....I need more points. Am I being a miserable cow. Someone be nice, I'm lost in the world of forums and don't know what to do!!!!!!
Where's home!?!?!?!?!

YANBU. I was very attached to the 'other place' too. However, I don't feel disloyal posting here. I would only feel disloyal if I gave up on the other side simply because of here, which isn't the case at all. I had many many issues with the other place and that is why I have reduced my postings.
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyqwerty Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Yanbu. If you still feel odd posting here in a week *then* yabu.

dirtyqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Its really funny that, on the other board I have always been much more of a lurker than a poster.

I think maybe for me, the "newness" here is less imtimidating than the cliqueyness (its a new word - alright!) of the other place.

I really enjoy posting here and some days have even forgotten to go check the OP afraid afraid afraid
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down