What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Post Standing

+11
aloveofeachcolour
Lou81
Mrs Big Boobs
beadyeye
sunset30
phoenix
EeeGee
Anybugger
Slinky
Jeliwobble
Admin
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Last Post Standing - Page 3 Empty Re: Last Post Standing

Post  beadyeye Wed May 06, 2009 6:30 pm

What have we all been up to today. I have been stuck in the house, it is to wet and windy to go out and I have a sore throat and the start of the cold. (maybe it is swine flu but I havent been near anyone who knows anyone that has it LOL)
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm

I am having an awful few days at the moment.
On the verge of a terminal fall out with DD's godmother and someone I thought was my bestfriend.
Then the chickens turned on the chicks and killed two of them.
on the plus side Lara has done two wees on the potty today )bribed with sweets!)
Sorry for the downer, Do I win points
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Wed May 06, 2009 6:41 pm

well done to your wee girl ( bribing is a must as a parent). sorry you are having a rubbish day try not to make your argument with your friend terminal, I did that a few years ago with my best friend and i still miss her ( she had dish out a lot of c**p my way that led to it)
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Wed May 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks BDI,
I am just sick of being taken for a mug, I like to think I am a good friend, will do anything for anyone, I even took a day off work when her horse had to be shot to get her out.
Long story short is that we have a village ball that we always get a table at with another couple and then make up the numbers.
This year she said that her Dh was considering inviting client contacts and therefore they may get their own table. Fine said I. Turns out she has invited, her sister, another couple from the village that we both know, the dentist and Mr Dentist (who the other friend knows but she doesn't) and some woman and her DH from the pub (who she doesn't know his name). Even when their numbers were down to 6 she didn't think to ask us to make them up,
I am absolutely done and am taking it as a sign that she is not that bothered.
I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach Sad
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Thu May 07, 2009 12:45 am

Aww Man, that sucks big time!
I feel really bad for you (on the other hand you do go to village balls and have friends with horses Wink )
Seriously, I would hate that, really.
I have done not very much today - taken J to feed the ducks and buy tomatoes - and also to school wgere we borrowed the trike from the toy library for another week - he goes blinking everywhere on it, and they are £170 to buy apparently! (he is getting a cheaper actual bike with stabilisers as he needs to be encouraged to pedal, he is too tall really for the trike anyway)
How do you work bribery into potty training? (Jamie is pretty unbribable unless playing football or going out are involved) he does NOT like sitting on the potty, except for half a second so he can jump up and say "There's No Pee!" - He is also still adamant that "there's no poo!" up until adn even after he is confronted with the nappy changing evidence!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 am

Hannah, that's awful about your friend. I really don't understand people like that.

We haven't done a whole lot today. M made muffins this morning and G has just been a lovey dovey all day. About to take I to softball training and then get over to school for the evening book fair.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 1:33 am

I just can't understand people who behave like that.

Today we've had our typical Wednesday, not much doing this morning then Baby Rascals this afternoon which is a lovely mum and baby group run by the local parish church (but they allow us Left Footers in too!) which is just full of really friendly mums and we just sit and drink tea and chew the fat while the babies and smaller toddlers (they move up to Little Rascals when they can walk properly) play with the toys.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Slinky Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

Hannah.. hugs.. Sorry. Crying or Very sad

I've not been able to log on for days.. site wouldn't load, kept crashing firefox. Turns out Lal marked it as a dangerous site, and blocked it somehow. Yeah, I know.. computer genius. Or random button pusher..

So.. I'm back. cheerleader (Just wanted an excuse to try out the cheerleader...)
Slinky
Slinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 pm

cheerleader cheerleader cheerleader
Slinky's back!!!

Laura - the bribery was in the form of a packet of fruit pastiles. She got one if she did a wee. Trouble is she took too long between wee's so i ate them Embarassed
Jo I want muffins - NOW!!!!!
Cadiva, I love baby and toddlers like that, they should rename it coffee and gossip, bring a baby is you like!!!
Today I am licking my wounds, debating whether to ring said friend or not. In practical terms I am planting strawberries and toms in hanging baskets (inside as its blooming cold here) and cleaning the house. - Well I have squirted the oven cleaner and have come on here while it "sets" Laughing
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  c1nd3rs Thu May 07, 2009 1:42 pm

I miss the hottub crying
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm

c1nd3rs wrote:I miss the hottub crying

Eat a tin of beans and run a hot bath Razz
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  c1nd3rs Thu May 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Anybugger wrote:
c1nd3rs wrote:I miss the hottub crying

Eat a tin of beans and run a hot bath Razz

LMAO drunken
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Thu May 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Morning.

Up early here today, no apparent reason why. It's raining. Again Rolling Eyes So I shall finish the laundry with the tumble dryer (been holding off waiting for the weather to get better...or something like that).

Today I shall be mostly being a taxi driver. Well, that's all I ever do any way. M's off to Kindergarten Enrichment this morning and I have to go and buy my baby sister something to go with the Vera Wang shoes I bought in the sales for her birthday. Then I shall be back to the laundry and the vacuuming. Then I might put the roses in I bought the other day. Back to pick up M, feed her lunch then get her on the bus. Then I might watch Biggest Loser or Idol while G sleeps.

Dinner will be roast chicken, home-made gravy and roasties. *dribbles*
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Thu May 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Today I have taken Jamie to football. I can't decide whether to take him again. Even the coach there tells him he is a troublemaker! and he is! He will not do what he is told, he says he LOVES football, but he cannot hold a thought in his head long enough to actually play. He gets in the way and steals balls off others and takes the cones away and is generally the child you always thank God is not yours, except he IS mine, and I feel like I am a crap Mum cos there is NOTHING short of removing him that I can do to make it better.

He latched on to someone's lovely Grandad, and actually went calmly with him to join in properly! So not only am I HOPELESS, but a stranger is better. (He also loves attention from the coach, adn will go out of his way to get it, but in a generally disruptive way) Also made me think that he doesn't have a grandad relationship - so maybe he is also missing out.

We have nothing planned for the rest of the day, and we are just having liver and onions with peas and mash for tea.
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu May 07, 2009 2:51 pm

sunset30 wrote:Today I have taken Jamie to football. I can't decide whether to take him again. Even the coach there tells him he is a troublemaker! and he is! He will not do what he is told, he says he LOVES football, but he cannot hold a thought in his head long enough to actually play. He gets in the way and steals balls off others and takes the cones away and is generally the child you always thank God is not yours, except he IS mine, and I feel like I am a crap Mum cos there is NOTHING short of removing him that I can do to make it better.

He latched on to someone's lovely Grandad, and actually went calmly with him to join in properly! So not only am I HOPELESS, but a stranger is better. (He also loves attention from the coach, adn will go out of his way to get it, but in a generally disruptive way) Also made me think that he doesn't have a grandad relationship - so maybe he is also missing out.

We have nothing planned for the rest of the day, and we are just having liver and onions with peas and mash for tea.
Lx

Laura - Not a crap mum not even nearly. He is very young to participate properly in an "organised" sport. Our local football club doesn't take them until 4. Even Dom at 6, who BREATHES football and is flipping fantastic at ball control gets bored and has decided he doesn't want to go. (a decision that has peed matt and I off as he was our pension plan)
As for going with the grandad, don't you know anyone is better than the parents, until they need a hug that is.
Perhaps give him a break from going for a few weeks and explain why?
I am sure he will be fine.
Wisk I coudl say your dinner sounds nice but I'm afraid Liver is the same as fishy fish for me - food for the devil. I remember I got served it once on a hospital stay when pg with K. the previous occupier of the bed had just given birth and chose it. At 8 months pg myself I got Dh to geta McD's!!!
hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Thu May 07, 2009 3:01 pm

it's a group for 2-4yr olds, and there are several there that seem to be significantly younger than J - and their mums seem to just sit on the side and watch, and the little people just follwo the instructions. Jamie, however, does what he likes. For some INSANE reason, they have adults badminton in the same hall at the same time (separated by a curtain) - Jamie was ADAMANT he wanted to "play tennis" instead.

He also likes climbing on the benches and jumping off. he has become somewhat disillusioned with "score a goal, and the coach doesn't usually even let him try anymore, as he is so much trouble!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Thu May 07, 2009 11:45 pm

sunset30 wrote:it's a group for 2-4yr olds, and there are several there that seem to be significantly younger than J - and their mums seem to just sit on the side and watch, and the little people just follwo the instructions. Jamie, however, does what he likes. For some INSANE reason, they have adults badminton in the same hall at the same time (separated by a curtain) - Jamie was ADAMANT he wanted to "play tennis" instead.

He also likes climbing on the benches and jumping off. he has become somewhat disillusioned with "score a goal, and the coach doesn't usually even let him try anymore, as he is so much trouble!

Lx

I have to agree with Hannah...Jamie is just exploring and showing his independence. I would think he is too young for organised sport. As for the others.....stepford kids- honestly.

I am (read nursery are) continuing with the potty training. Lucy hadn't had a poo for 3 days.....

She had shreddies for supper

She had weetabix for Breakfast

She had 3 poos today (in her knickers!)

She is very good at doing wees in her potty apparently cheerleader
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  c1nd3rs Fri May 08, 2009 1:12 am

She is very good at doing wees in her potty apparently cheerleader

cheerleader Well done Lucy cheerleader
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 08, 2009 1:52 am

Well done Lucy! I've really got to bite the bullet with G!

L, you need to stop thinking that you're a bad mum because you have an independent, inquisitive, intelligent little boy! ALL of mine have done that. ALL have mine have been the OMG child. None of them have liked to sit and do what they are told, none of them have 'followed the leader' and none of them listen to instruction, which is why I hold onto G's hand like the plague anywhere there are vehicles.

I has taken 5 years of primary school to be able to stay on task long enough to get some really good results last year and will hopefully do so again this year. M appears to be going the other way and won't START the task...well, unless she's at Enrichment where she excels, I just don't think her Kindy teacher pushes her. In fact, I know she doesn't. Anyway, that's my problem, not yours! So DON'T worry about Jamie. He's perfect. Just keep picking him up and returning him to the teaching group, which is what I do with G all the time, and he will get the idea. Eventually!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 am

Jeliwobble wrote:Well done Lucy! I've really got to bite the bullet with G!

Thought that was Slinky posting at first and was thinking, yeah.... might be about time you approached that subject with G....
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 am

It
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 am

is