What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Post Standing

+11
aloveofeachcolour
Lou81
Mrs Big Boobs
beadyeye
sunset30
phoenix
EeeGee
Anybugger
Slinky
Jeliwobble
Admin
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Last Post Standing - Page 5 Empty Re: Last Post Standing

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 pm

I am a walking disaster zone.

Yesterday I walked into a hanger, left on a door knob by some horribly inconsiderate child. Have a big lump and deep gash on my forearm.

Last night the gate banged on my arm, and I have a matching gash on the other side of my arm.

Today I tried to open a door and skinned my knuckles on the handle.

Just now in the car, Eldest Child put her hand up at the same time that I did (to change the radio station) and has CLAWED me, and my left hand now hurts.

Just thought I'd share and try to break my jinx.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Fri May 08, 2009 9:44 pm

I hope saying out loud has broken your jinx. Here's to you not having anymore accidents. but you know some inanimate objects are just out to get us. One of my babygates hates me and is laways catching some part of my anatomy in the catch. 9 i am the only person it likes to attack) LOL
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Sat May 09, 2009 3:11 am

I have scared myself - DP told me that there is this thing - the midnight run - and you are supposed to go for half an hour, and then beat your time on the way back. I picked a spot that takes me usually half an hour to walk to - except I RAN (there are probably dents in the pavements now!) and did the round trip in 40 mins!!!!!!!

I did get stopped by a taxi driver who wanted to give me a lift (without charging no less Shocked are there people who would however innocent it MIGHT have been as an offer, and given that I might have looked in need of help Embarassed , actually take someone in a mini cab up on that after midnight?!)

I was in need of a shower on my sticky and breathless return, but, hey, sticky and breathless is a step closer to fitter!

PLUS runing late means my dinner didn't have time to get stored as fat over night!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Sat May 09, 2009 3:42 am

Bloody Hell, Laura! Well DONE, mate!

cheers

clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

I'm in awe. You shall be so gawjus by wedding time, I will have to shield my eyes from your devastating beauty for fear of never being able to see anything more awesome!

Oh, yea and verily, it shall be so!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 am

LOL

I have a secret extra motive - I have only told DP cos I don't want people laughing at me...

If I work EXTRA hard I want to do the London Marathon on 2012/13

My brother went from 20stone + (so I have a considerable head start there) to London Marathon in about 2 and a half years, so I KNOW it can be done.

Since I was a little person when I used the run the whole London marathon on the spot in the living room, I have always wanted to do it, but as an adult, always been too fat and hopeless. BUT if I lose weight AND get fit, then I won't be fat and hopeless and I COULD fulfill a lifelong ambition.

So far, as I am still fat and hopeless, running at midnight means fewer people to stop and laugh at me!

This means I have motivation even after my wedding (although I AM allowed cake and icecream and anything I want on that holiday (although I already can't eat anything like as much as I frighteningly used to - so it shouldn't be too bad)

Anyway, Swimming tomorrow - I have to beat my 30 lengths!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Sat May 09, 2009 10:46 am

Well done Laura. and good on you for wanting to run the Marathon. I hope you do it. Enjoy your swimming.
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Sun May 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I have done more swiming and more walking. Considering doing the midnight run twice a week instead of once, will see how I cope with the lack of sleep!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Blimey Laura, the midnight run sounds like hard work!!

Definitely think you could build up for the marathon, its all about a bit at a time - so my sister tells me! I have noticed the difference at the gym though by adding 2 minutes running time each visit.

With the swimming, if your pool is the standard 25 metres, then 32 lengths is 1/2 mile. When I started swimming again I tried to go up in 8 length increases, before changing strokes, I also found it really good to start wearing goggles and a hat (made me feel more professional).

Look forward to seeing some before and after posts!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Well I have spent the day ironing in front of the F1 (I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Embarassed Embarassed ) I even save my ironing all week so that I have an excuse to have 2 hours child free time!
In fact my dream is that, when we stop paying for the kids, we can go on a world tour of the F1 races. So that will be 2050 then!!

Then I took the boys to Bedgebury on their bikes. K tried a Jump despite me advising him it was a very bad idea. Hence one slightly less cocky 9 year old with a gashed ear. Dominic's confidence is coming along well on the bike so I really did have to run to keep up with him (except on the up hill when I had to push him Rolling Eyes)

now having roast chicken and pasta with pesto yum
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Mon May 11, 2009 1:24 am

Feel a bit rubbish at having swum half a mile! Is not very far at all! WIll HAVE to improve!
We seem to have mostly unremarkable meals now, since I am losing weight. We are having stroganoff tomorrow though - and chilli cheese pasta with prawns on Tuesday (cheese content is negligible though) We actually have THREE WEEKS worth of menus worked out and magnetted to the fridge at the moment - helps to reduce shopping trips and actually eat the things we have previously frozen!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon May 11, 2009 8:57 am

half a mile is not rubbish - its great, how long does it take you? maybe you could just try to knock a minute off each time? Its that sort of building up that has helped me. But I'm no expert Very Happy

And three weeks worth of menus sounds great, I wish I could be as organised, I have no chance!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Mon May 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Took me less time this time than last, so we shall see. I also know I could have done a bit more, but I get intimidated when the lane swim bit gets too full for my liking and then I have to leave - I am getting there at 7:30 next sunday!

I am currently, since yesterday deaf in one ear from the water though - not helped by swimming with J this morning as well, I KNOW Ben Goldacre says hopi candles are crap, but I liek tehm, and I am going to get my ears done tonight, it might help the blocked feeling!

I HATE not being comfortable with my hearing!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon May 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Laura, I use earplugs for the same reason, although they are a bit wierd when you put them in and everything goes quiet!
I did use a noseclip once, but then forgot and nearly suffocated when trying to breathe through my nose.
Won't be doing that again Laughing
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Mon May 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Anybugger wrote:I did use a noseclip once, but then forgot and nearly suffocated when trying to breathe through my nose.

Why does this not surprise me?
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 pm

I have a list and you're on it
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 pm

mwahahahaha
or words to that effect
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Tue May 12, 2009 2:39 am

REALLY?? I made your LIST?

{Dances around singing} "I made a li-ist, I made a li-ist, I am imp-por-tant, coz I'm on a li-ist"!!!

I think I shall adopt you, my lil' anybugger, coz you are just the person to keep on lifting my spirits! And anyone else's spirits if you get half a chance - gerrof my glass!!!

cheeky
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Tue May 12, 2009 6:52 pm

STILL deaf! How long does it take to get back to normal - the hopi candle helped a tiny bit, but I am struggling, I actually feel disabled Shocked

J is running around being a plane (which involves NOT sticking arms out as you might imagine, but wearing a belt over his shoulders!)

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 pm

sunset30 wrote: Shocked

J is running around being a plane (which involves NOT sticking arms out as you might imagine, but wearing a belt over his shoulders!)

Lx

Hee Hee Lara was a car this morning! "drove" all the way to mums for me!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Tue May 12, 2009 7:19 pm

LOL
J has never tried being a car - he is usually a frog, or a rabbit - since they do jumping, but he disgustingly was a "dog" this afternoon, which involved sniffing lampposts Shocked Crying or Very sad !
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

at least it was just sniffing the lamposts, it could have been worse, much worse!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Wed May 13, 2009 11:56 am

LMAO at the sniffing lamp-posts thing!

What are you all doing today?
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Today we have been concentrating on Potty training - Although he has just had a nappy on for bed (is that bad?)

he has been doing OK - 2 accidents, but that's cos a) Daddy forgot to watch and b) Football is so much more fun!

He FINALLY ASKED to use the potty to pee, so I THINK we are making a little, slow progress!

We also made hand print paintings, and played outdoor football

Daddy has also been teaching Jamie to tell the time, adn now he can tell the time if it is an "O'Clock"

He is, infact, a genius baby!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Way to go Jamie! He's doing so, so well! Millie still has a nappy on for bed or for prolonged outdoor trips. She won't use the toilet yet, lol, but is 100% potty trained now. So, don't worry about nappies for nap/bed time or trips out.

For the past few days I've been tackling our wasteground garden. Lots of heavy digging, brick removal, weed removal and hedge cutting (we have loads of hedge - ick).

Today I am aching. My arms and legs are the worst bits. So I've done my online banking, trying to figure out where to 'find' £200 to get the garden fixed. Then I did an online Asda shop. Then I did some basic housework, with Millie trashing the just-tidied rooms whenever I moved to a new area. I wasn't sure whether to cry or scream. I've also done a few loads of laundry, scrubbed the cooker hob, re-organised a cupboard, tidied the garden and made Millie some lunch.

Tomorrow I have a funeral to go to. My 32 year old cousin (6 months between us in age) Kevin died the other night. He battled Lukemia ... but it won. We were close growing up, so it'll be a horrible burial to attend, but it has to be done. I've lost too many people and been to way too many funerals. very sad This will be about the 9th or 10th I've been to, and I've lost more people than I've been to funerals - which sucks. Big time.

Anyhow - that's what I've been up to lately!

XXX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Ach, sorry about that Marley. Horrible.

J is super baby.

G is still nowhere near it. However, in the last two days he HAS told me that his 'stinky' hurts every time he's done a poop, so he's really not happy about sitting in it any more. Which is HUGE progress. Mind you, it might have something to do with the fact we had 4 dirty nappies the day before yesterday shocked! so he has a bit of a sore butt. Oh, and the penny arrived this morning...

I had my ultrasound yesterday and she couldn't find the lumps that they biopsied last June, so YAY! The sonographer's non-physician opinion was that there were no unusual lymph nodes in there, so YAY about that too, though I need to wait until I see my endo to have that confirmed.

I need to sort out the UK house. It's still on the market, so we've had to drop the rental price, which I'm not happy about but the mortgage is still considerably less which is a good thing. I need to give my estate agent a rocket up his bum!

Hope everyone is having a good day! L, it can take a week for the water to drain out of your ear. I always wear earplugs too. It helps me concentrate on swimming too as I can't hear anyone, so I lose all connection with the world!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next