What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Phones

+5
HappyGoLucky
emmap
aloveofeachcolour
Sassybabe
Slinky
9 posters

Go down

Mobile Phones Empty Mobile Phones

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 am

Do you own a mobile? Do you care if your phones are on trend, or do you just use the most basic thing you can buy?

Do you always have your mobile with you wherever you are? Do you text a lot? Do you use a mobile instead of a land-line?

Or do you think mobiles are awful and find them irritating when you're out and about? Do you worry about the health risks they may pose?

WYOO - Mobile Phones?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mobile Phones Empty Re: Mobile Phones

Post  Slinky Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 am

I have had several mobile phones since my son was born. As soon as her reached destruction age (14 months) many of my phones met an untimely end down the toilet.
I have also been known to throw them at dh whilst arguing.

I now have a cheap Samsung something. From tesco, PAYG.. and it does things. I usually forget to top it up, so when people text me, they know not to expect an answer.
My dd put fairytale of New York on as a ringtone at Christmas. When the phone rings, it is virtually silent,and extremely Christmassy, but we can't work out how to change the ringtone back.
Slinky
Slinky

Back to top Go down

Mobile Phones Empty Mobile Phones

Post  Sassybabe Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 am

Oh Slinky - I have found my mobile soul mate. I just don't 'get' the whole mobile thing. I have one - I have about ten numbers in it - I use it for emergencies. I can text, slowly, and have just worked out how to change the time. My phone is so basic it can't even receive picture messages. My phone is so basic it doesn't even have a camera. My phone is so basic it has a dial on the front rather than buttons . . . OK, no! But thank you for showing me I'm not alone! Most people look at me 'gone out' when I say I wouldn't know what to do with an all-singing, all-dancing jobbie. "But it's just a phone" they tell me. So why does it need all the extras??
Sassybabe
Sassybabe

Back to top Go down

Post  aloveofeachcolour Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Ha! I am in phone heaven, coz I just got an iPhone. I lurve it - but I am a bit of a geek, so that's no surprise. It does everything - text, email, calendar, all my contacts, erm, stuff, oh yeah, camera, games (for me *and* the kids). Oh, and I can phone people. And they can phone me.

I LOVE IT!

Do I need to answer the question in the OP, or are my answers obvious?

Alec
aloveofeachcolour
aloveofeachcolour

Back to top Go down

Post  emmap Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:49 am

My mum has just got a new sliding lg and its fab so im off to town next week to get in on the contract that she has .Its cheaper than mine and a better phone.Can you tell im not that technical by my sliding lg description Very Happy

emmap

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyGoLucky Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:54 am

I LOVE my mobile. I could NOT live without text messages. I am a social idiot and do not know how to finish a conversaton without sounding like I am rude or obnoxious. Texts are simple and quick and are always misconstrued, so it doesn't matter if I am trying to be rude or obnoxious that's just how they seem Very Happy

Seriously though, I love to talk and text and chat and as I live far away from my family, who are my closet friends, I spend a lot of time talking and texting. I can send on average 2000 texts a month... Sad really... I need a life. Embarassed
HappyGoLucky
HappyGoLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:16 pm

HappyGoLucky wrote:I LOVE my mobile. I could NOT live without text messages. I am a social idiot and do not know how to finish a conversaton without sounding like I am rude or obnoxious. Texts are simple and quick and are always misconstrued, so it doesn't matter if I am trying to be rude or obnoxious that's just how they seem Very Happy

I'm the opposite! If I get stuck in a cycle of texting, I never know how to say 'right, bye then!' ... and usually end up ignoring the final text from the other person, leading them to think I'm ignorant. LOL!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyGoLucky Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Marley wrote:
I'm the opposite! If I get stuck in a cycle of texting, I never know how to say 'right, bye then!' ... and usually end up ignoring the final text from the other person, leading them to think I'm ignorant. LOL!

Isn't that the point of texts though? A quick conversation and then no need to end them?
HappyGoLucky
HappyGoLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  c1nd3rs Tue May 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmm, I'd be lost without my phone. It's my diary, address book, mp3 player, camera, portable web browser oh and phone all in one. All the information is duplicated on my laptop (calendar in outlook etc) because I am that sad. Needless to say I STILL manage to double book myself and forget things. Rolling Eyes If only it would run my money program ...
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Tue May 05, 2009 6:57 pm

I love my mobile phone, I sleep with my mobile phone ( well its under the bed cause it is also my alarm clock). I update my mobile every 17 months. I am fed up with my current phone but only because I want the I phone but I will have to wait till the end of the year to get it. The only thing I hate about mobiles is texting I really dont see the point when you are quicker just phoning.
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Tue May 05, 2009 9:43 pm

I recently got a Blackberry curve. It's more complicated than my laptop, I think.
I like having a mobile, it makes me feel a bit more secure, and now that my family is in Australia it means if they urgently need to contact me about something, they can.
BUT
...it annoys me how it makes it easy for the entire world to track me down whether I want them to or not. My e-mail is linked to my phone and before I learned how to change the setting every time I got some stupid piece of crap in my inbox (usually at 4 in the sodding morning) my phone would go off. It drove me mad. I also hate that lots of companies and healthcare-people ask for mobile numbers now, and they always seem to phone at nine in the effing morning. I am 7 months pregnant and have health issues. I am ASLEEP at 9am. Don't call me. Ignoring the landline is easy, I can sleep through it, but ignoring my mobile is harder. Especially when people leave voicemails and then it beeps to tell me I have a voicemail. Usually just as I've fallen asleep again. Bastards.

Generally I'm one of those 'if it makes phone calls and sends text messages, it works for me.' kind of people. The only reason I got such a complicated phone was because it had a qwerty keypad. Using a regular keypad makes my joints seize up so I was excited about having a proper one, and the difference is ridiculously huge. It's the little things Smile
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 1:03 pm

I go nowhere without my mob, even sleep with it under my pillow thats how bad a mob manic i am lol!
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down