What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids birthday parties...

+2
Mrs Big Boobs
aloveofeachcolour
6 posters

Go down

Kids birthday parties... Empty Kids birthday parties...

Post  aloveofeachcolour Thu May 21, 2009 10:32 pm

....love 'em or loathe 'em?

Do you make sure your lo has a party every year? Do you think there is an age limit? Do you think you think it's better to start parties at the age when they will remember them? Do you count the party as lo's present, knowing that other people will buy the "wrapped up with a ribbon" kind?

WYO?
aloveofeachcolour
aloveofeachcolour

Back to top Go down

Kids birthday parties... Empty Re: Kids birthday parties...

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 am

We have had 2 for Lucy..as she is 2! They are hard work though but like the idea of home parties. I know the ones at centres are much easier to organise but the ones I have been to have been a bit pants!
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Fri May 22, 2009 1:10 am

We've only really had a few people (mostly adults) to Jamie's 2nd - the first we took him to the pub LOL
However, he will have little friends and school mates to invite this year, and will likely know that birthday parties exist, so we will have to do something.
What happens when they have classmates? Do you have to ask EVERYONE and wonder how the hell you are supposed to fit them all in your house?
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  kacy1988 Fri May 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I had a party every year. since i can remember (even this year!), before that i know we used to at least see all the family on birthdays. not necessarily a house full of kids though.

My parents quite often organised home parties or sleep overs. I remember having loads of fun with children and adults on the bouncy castles in our back garden. parents having to collect children very late at night from home sickness (how a 7 year old gets home sickness after 5 hours i dont know) birthday cakes, presents, ballons, party games. Lazer Quest, soft play centers, redwings horse sanctuary,zoo trips with a couple of friends, BBQ's etc etc.

I LOVED IT!!

so Drew will have the same! if not bigger and better! his 1st birthday was in a pub that had a soft play center. a nice meal, loads of huge balloons, presents, just fmily.
his 2nd birthday was a home party. and i intend on keeping them as home parties for a while due to cost! My aunt throws her son huge parties every year. last year it cost nearly £500 for 35 children (drew wasnt invited i might add - just the entire class at school and a couple of cousins) i think that is a completely unnecessary spend on a 6 / 7 / 8 year old!!

kacy1988

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Sun May 24, 2009 6:44 pm

I love birthday parties, I planned H's 1st and 2nd parties months in advance, I was very upset when his 1st had to be postponed due to chicken pox but his 2nd was fantastic. He still talks about it now.

I had four nursery friends over as well as a cousin, his half brother and neighbour, so 8 little ones and they all had lots of fun playing together. Age one was a train theme, age two tractors. At the moment I think age 3 will be Dinosaurs but I will wait until Novemeber to plan it properly (its mid January). I am being asked all the time when he can have another party so his friends can sing to him. He never mentions presents to a 2 year old it seems parties are all about your friends singing to you ... I think this is winderful.

I alsways had a party with 8 friends, always at home and usually with a theme, from 8-12 they were dress up parties, before that just tea parties with pass the parcel, treasure hunt, statues, etc.

Our pass the parcel was always fun, there was a message on each layer, so it would be "to the girl with the longest hair" "the boy who can tick his tongue out the furtherest" "the best singer" "the funniest joke teller" etc.

H will always have a party (until he says he doesn't want one) and hopefully he will enjoy them as much as I enjoy organising them.

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Sun May 24, 2009 9:25 pm

my elder 2 had birthday party's every year up until they where 8. then they stopped because the kids would rather go bowling/pictures ect with a few friends on their birthdays. Baby had a very very small party at grannys house for her 1st birthday but that because she is just after the new year and we felt that everyone had spoilt her enough for her 1st christmas.

I loved the birthday party's. I became super efficent mummy for them. I would bake loads of goodies and play plenty of games anad make up a party bag that was special to each kid.
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down