What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WYOO Bootfairs?

4 posters

Go down

WYOO Bootfairs? Empty WYOO Bootfairs?

Post  Anybugger Sun May 03, 2009 10:09 pm

We are packed and loaded ready to do one tomorrow morning.

It is a "nice" bootfair (no traders allowed) so I am pricing Lara's old clothes quite high £1 normal items, 50p t-shirts etc and individually for the nicer stuff.

Much to DH's disgust I am planning on laying the items out on pretty table clothes as I think, for clothes it is more likely to sell if it looks like it comes from a nice home???

Are you a bootfairer? Do you like a Bargain?

Or would you rather be seen dead than rumaging around other peoples cast offs?

Hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

WYOO Bootfairs? Empty Re: WYOO Bootfairs?

Post  mummyloves3 Sun May 03, 2009 10:17 pm

I dont know how people can buy second hand stuff. I get my kids stuff from blackbush market. They sells propa designa geer there really cheap - it is ******* brilliant!!!! i got my boys machin armarni jackets for 30 squid each and they is normal like 120 quid in the shops!!!
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Sun May 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Good luck for tomorrow Hannah. I love bootfairs and I think you are right (IMO) if it looks like it comes from a nice home people will buy! I have bought loads of kids toys and books from boot fairs and if the stall looks grotty I will walk past, I won't even bother looking but if it looks nice and the seller is nicely dressed (I know I am shallow) but if they look smart I will buy toys from them.

We will start visiting boot fairs again from next Saturday, so long as it is a nice day. I love a bargain and am usually lucky enough to find plenty, especially new books / nearly new toys!

I know some people are funny about 2nd hand toys but I figured H is in nursery 5 days a week so never plays with perfect condition toys there (max 14 kids per day) and at our baby group the toys are shared by 30+ kids every week so if I can get a bargain toy from a boot fair that I can wipe with antiseptic before he play with it I am very happy.

I have never been brave enough to have a boot fair stall myself but maybe later this summer I will ...

best of luck for tomorrow I hope your things sell well for you

Have fun
jx
flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Mon May 04, 2009 4:39 am

I LOVE boot fairs! I wish I could get organised and go more often! I sold a load of stuff from my UK house a couple of years ago. Made about £60 over two days, once we took petrol and fees out, so we didn't do too bad, but I think I would have made more money eBaying it all. Oh, and I couldn't flog the computer games or the VHS's for peanuts!

Second hand stuff is cool. I wore nothing but jumble sale stuff when I was a kid, we had no money, couldn't even afford designer knock-offs from the market...
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon May 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks everyone,
We had a FAB time, Although it was shameful to see quite how much stuff Lara has had (think 14 feet of table piled high - i'm not kidding Embarassed ) It was all Monsoon, Gap, Debenhams, Nooki and Gymboree. Matt had a fit when he saw it laid out!!!

We sold about a third and made £220.00. I'm really really pleased with that. The best bit is that we packed it all carefully into the plastic boxes ready to go next time.

hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm

well done!!!

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down