What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WYOO on my bedroom colours.

+2
Moomin76
Smartiepants
6 posters

Go down

WYOO on my bedroom colours. Empty WYOO on my bedroom colours.

Post  Smartiepants Sat May 09, 2009 10:48 am

I need help! We are redecorating my bedroom. We have decided on light coloured wardrobes and drawers(Maples) and yesterday decided on an aubergine floral wallpaper for the fireplace wall and a plan cream for the main walls.

I'm happy with that but i'm completley stuck on the following items and what colour they should be.....

Curtains (we have black venetian blinds at the moment which will stay)
Rugs
Photo Frames
Bedding

Everything I think of seems like it's not going to match. I was going to do aubergine duvet spread but the only problem is i'll not get one that matches the wallpaper. So I thought of cream, which would be fine but then what colour is everything else going to be!

Help i'm stuck! WYO!
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

WYOO on my bedroom colours. Empty Re: WYOO on my bedroom colours.

Post  Moomin76 Sat May 09, 2009 10:56 am

Who makes the wallpaper and the wardrobes? I would want the photo frames to match the wardrobes and the bedding/curtains to match the wallpaper I think. If my original choices aren't made by manufacturers who do matching accessories then I think I'd be tempted to find alternatives that do. The colour scheme sounds lovely and it would be a shame to introduce another colour.
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Sat May 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Nice!

I would match the photo frames to the wood colour of the wardrobes as maple is easy to find.

I'm presuming that the aubergine you have is the deep purple almost black colour. A nice colour that goes well is dark chocolate brown, which I think will be easier to find, and it also goes really well with cream. You could get a nice plain choccy coloured duvet set and then buy a couple of aubergine coloured throw pillows.

Or you could get a white set and dye it aubergine.

I found this though: WYOO on my bedroom colours. Brodie%20Cover_Wine
Quite funky and cheap; double on the website is £12.

This one's quite nice too: WYOO on my bedroom colours. 174678_de_1
But that's a bit more expensive at £25.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Smartiepants Sat May 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks! I'm not sure if patterns will go as this is the wallpaper...
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9766458&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=mulberry&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1241875629050&isSearch=true

I like the idea of a beige/choccy bedspread as I can used purple throw cushions and a blanket also.

OR should I change my colours completely? I do like teal but again, i'm not sure what colours to have where! Thjis is doing my head in. We were orginally going for black and cream, that's why we have the black blinds. Maybe we should go back to that.

Do you know any good websites with matching setds....duvets...curtains...wallpapre etc?
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sat May 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Kelly,
I'm afraid I'm not much good without being there to see things IRL.
However I do think that aubergine, black and cream go well with each other.
Have you thought of a black duvet? if you are worried about patterns I think that stripes tend to go well with anything.
My favourite websites are things like Laura Ashley and Cath Kidston. LA has really changed and they will definitely do a "Whole" package look.
CK is like marmite, I love it but its not to everyones (including men!!) tastes.
My wallpaper in the lounge is Anna French and she does some lovely things.
Best of luck and don't forget finished pics.
hxx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Sat May 09, 2009 4:59 pm

That damask is really tasteful. I like it!

I think that second set, the £25 one, would 'go'.

I'm not sure about cream with black (clean bright white goes best with black), which is why I suggested dark brown instead. Brown goes really well with teal too! Your blinds will presumable be behind your curtains anyway, so you won't really notice them as they will be pulled up during the day and behind the curtains at night!

Just have a look around on the net. All I did was search aubergine duvet cover!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Smartiepants wrote:I need help! We are redecorating my bedroom. We have decided on light coloured wardrobes and drawers(Maples) and yesterday decided on an aubergine floral wallpaper for the fireplace wall and a plan cream for the main walls.

I'm happy with that but i'm completley stuck on the following items and what colour they should be.....

Curtains (we have black venetian blinds at the moment which will stay)
Rugs
Photo Frames
Bedding

Everything I think of seems like it's not going to match. I was going to do aubergine duvet spread but the only problem is i'll not get one that matches the wallpaper. So I thought of cream, which would be fine but then what colour is everything else going to be!

Help i'm stuck! WYO!

Have a look at the Dulux Colour Planner (you have to create an account to use the project planner but you can look at colours without that). Even though you're not using their paints or anything, their colour chooser is brilliant for checking what colours actually will go together or provide a strong contrast.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with aubergine, cream and black and so I would say look for black or purple curtains, or something with a pattern with both colours in, have photo frames the same colour as the wooden furniture or in cream, bedding I would have aubergine/cream or a black/cream combo and the rug, again, I would stick to either a single colour black or aubergine, or try and find something that has both colours in.

If I was to introduce another colour to the room, I would add in a bright lime green in very small doses. So perhaps in the lightshade, the picture frames, pictures on the wall etc.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  emmap Sat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Have you tried dunelm mill?
I have just done very similar colours to that in my room but with pine furniture.I have a cream and aubergine duvet that matches curtains from next but my change one is from dunelem and is a spot on match .They have just about every colour going and have mocked up rooms to give you a better visual idea.Worth the trip if you have one but they do have a web site too

emmap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down