What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smoking in prgnancy

+6
Mrs Big Boobs
Anybugger
EeeGee
BethanyG
mummyloves3
Mushroom
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

smoking in prgnancy Empty smoking in prgnancy

Post  Mushroom Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 pm

I saw a post on a diffrent site about dis and it makes me really mad.

Why are sum peple so selfish?

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

smoking in prgnancy Empty Re: smoking in prgnancy

Post  mummyloves3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 pm

i smoked in all of my pgs. my boys are all fine and there is nuffing rong with them. i did cut down to 5 a day tho.
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I really cant beleave that someone would think that that makes smoking okay. You were lucky thats all you cant condone it surely?

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Actually, if you are a heavy smoker and you find out you are pregnant and then just stop cold turkey that can be more harmful than cutting down to just a couple a day. It may not be healthy by any means, but your body is used to the nicotine and to suddenly deprive it of that nicotine - particularly when you have something foreign in your body taking everything from you (baby!) - can be a very big shock to the system.

I smoked 2 cigarettes a day throughout both my pregnancies. No more, no less - except a couple of particularly stressful days. I've never smoked more than 5 a day in my life though, apart from on a very boozy night out.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I personaly cannot comprehend it. I think it is borderline neglet and surely the parents no how damaging it can be to there baby.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Wot does condone mean?

it aint like i did drugs or summit. only scum wud do that
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:02 pm

I think that only scum would smoke. Each to there own an all but cigarettes are a drug and its just the same in mine and many others eyes.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Okay, let's be careful here. This is a bit of a volatile topic and there's one thing expressing our opinions and a whole other one actually being nasty to people about it.

Plus I don't think you can call it neglect. It's not the same thing as neglecting your children.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:09 pm

I think it is. have you seen the damage it can do to a baby and its putting a babies health at risk how can it not be neglet.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm

i look after my kids relly well. they aint spoilt and they is fit an healfy. i head that gum and that shit is realy bad and gives you ulcers.

i tink tryin to compare me to a child abuser is right out of order and you shud wind your neck in!
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 pm

I said it was neglect, I didnt accuse you of child abuse. If you want to be a good mum then be one but that would involve not pumping your baby full of toxins.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 pm

neglect is child abuse. My mate lost her kids coz she didnt look after them proper and she went to court charged with abuse even tho she didnt lay a hand on em

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 01, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Name Calling*)
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:23 pm

to me they are not the same, theres no need to bring yourself down by name calling its imature and childish. your mate sounds like you then.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi, Just stepping in to say that we shoudl use this to voice opinions and not have attacks on each other.

Everyone does things differently and, although I don't agree with it personally, there are worse things to do as a parent than smoke whilst pg.
Bottle feed for example :affraid: lol!

p.s that last bit was a joke,
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

oh note to admins, hope my last post was ok, not stepping on anyones toes
hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Im not stuck up just reasonablly educated and actualy want wat is best for my babys.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:33 pm

i agree there are worse things but were do people draw the line when they clearly think theres nowt qrong with smoking while preggers.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:37 pm

it aint the same as neglect tho is it? u shud apologise for sain i is abusing my kisd!!!
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mushroom Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:13 pm

omg I cant beleve someone said bottlefeeding is wurse than smoking even as a joke Rolling Eyes

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Anybugger wrote:Hi, Just stepping in to say that we shoudl use this to voice opinions and not have attacks on each other.

Everyone does things differently and, although I don't agree with it personally, there are worse things to do as a parent than smoke whilst pg.
Bottle feed for example :affraid: lol!

p.s that last bit was a joke,
Hmmmm that's what I was trying to say.... don't think people listen to me!! Laughing

And a *slap* for Hannah for the bottle feeding comment!!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 pm

BethanyG wrote:i take back saying it wasnt the same, it is, you is abusing your kids.
Okay, you need to step back and stop being so rude to people. This forum is to STATE OPINIONS and not attack other members. That's the whole reason it was started - to get AWAY from that.

mummyloves3 wrote:oh *feck* off
Just ignore her. It's not worth answering her back. You know how good a mother you are - your signature says it all.

Mushroom wrote:omg I cant beleve someone said bottlefeeding is wurse than smoking even as a joke Rolling Eyes
It was a joke. That's the point. Don't dwell on it.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mushroom Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 pm

but i dont think its very funny to copare smoking which is bad with bottlefeeding which is just poor mums who cant feed trying do there best for there kids.

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Mushroom wrote:but i dont think its very funny to copare smoking which is bad with bottlefeeding which is just poor mums who cant feed trying do there best for there kids.
But she wasn't comparing it. That's the whole point - she was just making a joke.

And for those of you who keep saying about "smoking is bad". Have you ever smoked? Tried giving up? Can you imagine how much harder it is during such a stressful time as pregnancy? I'm not condoning it at all (and I'm one of the ones that did it - see my above post) but giving up smoking is one of the hardest things to do, and trying to do it while you are going through one of the most stressful times in your life is very hard. I tried and I couldn't do it, and I am not a heavy smoker by any stretch of the imagination.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote]omg I cant beleve someone said bottlefeeding is wurse than smoking even as a joke Rolling Eyes

I am sorry but I bottle fed my daughter...I couldn't feed her . I wasn't offended by anybugger's comment. She said it was a joke and it was.

I don't smoke, i don't think pregnant women should smoke but appreciate that it is hard to stop. ( i think- I know some people say they put their child first and stopped as soon as they knew they were pregnant)
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 pm

EeeGee wrote:
Mushroom wrote:but i dont think its very funny to copare smoking which is bad with bottlefeeding which is just poor mums who cant feed trying do there best for there kids.
But she wasn't comparing it. That's the whole point - she was just making a joke.

And for those of you who keep saying about "smoking is bad". Have you ever smoked? Tried giving up? Can you imagine how much harder it is during such a stressful time as pregnancy? I'm not condoning it at all (and I'm one of the ones that did it - see my above post) but giving up smoking is one of the hardest things to do, and trying to do it while you are going through one of the most stressful times in your life is very hard. I tried and I couldn't do it, and I am not a heavy smoker by any stretch of the imagination.

Think we x posted I was trying to work out how to quote!! darn it!
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum