What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes to Ashes

+3
Moomin76
northern soul
Mrs Big Boobs
7 posters

Go down

Ashes to Ashes Empty Ashes to Ashes

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:07 am

Not a thread to discuss the tastiness of Philip Glennister....

Who do you think the doctor bloke is (from last week- who captured her?)

What do you think is happening?

What is the best comment Gene has come out with ?

What do you think about the programme?
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Ashes to Ashes Empty Re: Ashes to Ashes

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:09 am

Meant to add that I think the professor is the John Sim character from Life on Mars. I didn't watch that so I don't know if it's possible...hahaha
I will take notes of all the things that Gene Hunt says that make me LOL
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  northern soul Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:20 am

I haven't had chance to watch it as been too busy but have a date with the TV Saturday night to catch up with a bottle of wine...I LOVE Gene Hunt....he's my kinda man... Wink

northern soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Moomin76 Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

They're definitely introducing a crossover with Life on Mars - the references this week to 'Tyler' for instance (unless I've completed remembered wrongly and the character in LOM wasn't called Tyler.....)

I think Philip Glenister's fantastic, but I'm afraid he just doesn't appeal to me in that way - particularly after the sauna scene this week! He's got man boobs!!!
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  Smartiepants Thu May 07, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm a little dissapointed tbh. BUT if it#'s starting to go down the Life on Mars route I might have to start watching again! The only thing I like about Ahses to Ashes is the HILARIOUS Gene Hunt. Whoever created that character was a genius!
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  emmap Fri May 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Unmissable tv Gene Hunt is fab and imo his best line yet was when Alex said to him "so youve got them by the balls then." He replies no its just the way im standing " class

emmap

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sat May 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Can I ask a really stoopid question??
No?
Ok then......

oh well I'll do it anyway

Can you get the first series and LOM on dvd?
We've not watched before and have caught bits of the current series (after heroes) and it looks really good.

Thanks
hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Anybugger wrote:

Can you get the first series and LOM on dvd?
We've not watched before and have caught bits of the current series (after heroes) and it looks really good.

Thanks
hx

On Amazon ...

LOM page

Ashes to Ashes Page
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 am

Thank you will have a look tomorrow
hx
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm

OK, I didn't come in here last week as I had saved the first three eps to watch and we had a sesh on Saturday night! OMG I freaking LOVE this program! I got LOM on DVD for Christmas, watched the whole lot in the new year, downloaded series 2, then went on the hunt for the first series of Ashes to Ashes. I'm completely in lust with Philip Glenister. Even the man boobs. When he was sitting in that sauna, I growled and patted dh's belly!

I prefer Alex's character in this series. She's lost so much of her certainty because she didn't go home at the end of the last series, as she expected to. I prefer the 'little girl lost' aspect of her and she is now reminding more of Sam (Tyler, you were right, but we were put off that scent by the door keeper of the Masons being called a Tyler too), who was so lost and bewildered through most of his time in 1973 that it made his situation that much more believable.

As for who the doctor person is, we were introduced in the first episode to someone who was also 'out of it' and on the verge of death. Remember the two nurses discussing the news story of Alex being missing in the future? I don't think Sam would kidnap her and inflict pain on her like that. This story is going to be like the 'Hyde 2612' story during the second series of LOM. He has already said that he was there when Diana crashed. Was she involved in the investigation with this person, when she was a young police officer? All will be revealed!

The writers have said that one of the characters from LOM who hasn't already been seen will appear in this series. As John Simm has said he doesn't want to reprise the Sam Tyler role, it's most likely to be Annie (although I have just thought it might be Nelson, the barman!). They have also said that this will not be the last series of the franchise, though Philip Glenister is not sure he wants to reprise his Gene Hunt role as he's not sure that Gene should really survive the Police and Criminal Evidence Act of 1984 as his method of policing died when that came in!

Can you tell I REALLY like this series?!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Mon May 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Jeliwobble wrote:

Can you tell I REALLY like this series?!

erm yes!!!

I didn't watch LOM- we started to watch it but didn't like it...
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum