What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WYO about re-decorating?

+2
Anybugger
phoenix
6 posters

Go down

WYO about re-decorating? Empty WYO about re-decorating?

Post  phoenix Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Should rooms be freshly painted every year, or do you only think about once the plaster starts to flake?

Can you change a room with just a few new accessories, or do you change everything in the room every time you decorate?

Are you a "changing rooms" kind of person, or are you more of a traditionalist?

WYO... on decorating?
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

WYO about re-decorating? Empty Re: WYO about re-decorating?

Post  Anybugger Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:21 pm

Not necessarily every year but we tend to have a rolling programe, always a room being done!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 am

I HATE decorating. I love choosing paint colours, wallpaper, blinds, curtains, carpets etc ... but I detest the preparation work required. I have all the stuff to do the boys' room(and have had for months, poor kids in their lilac room Sad ), but the thought of dismantling the two high sleepers to do it ... and moving out their chests of drawers etc ... ICK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:23 am

I am just starting to re decorate, I am hoping to have done the whole house by the end of the year. I have never painted anything before so am quite enjoying it at the moment, even though I am still on the first room!!!
I never thought about doing it every year ... I suppose some people must ... hmm something to think about!!!

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  aloveofeachcolour Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am

We need to re-do our front room. It's been about 10 years since we did it, and it is old, faded and outdated. I would like to redecorate from the start - strip everything back, remove the fireplace and fire, get the walls replastered, painted and then have a more modern looking room. New carpets (or maybe flooring), get the telly up on the wall, all new furniture.

Now you see why we haven't done it yet - the money involved to do it right, and the upheaval it would cause are both very scary......We have been saying "next year" for 2 or 3 years now.

All the upstairs rooms have smooth painted walls (thanks to DH and his hard work), and are easy to redecorate. We "did" dd's room last year, and it took us 2 days to completely repaint, build new furniture, take down and put up curtain pole/curtains. Nice and straightforward.

Having said all this, I like to plan this stuff, and supervise, but I rarely get involved in the dirty work. That's DH's thing!
aloveofeachcolour
aloveofeachcolour

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm with Marley.

I love getting ideas, looking at colours, thinking what I could do with a room, but I hate all the stuff that goes hand in hand with it - i.e. the actual decorating part!

When I'm imagining though, I usually have a piece of furniture and then work the room round that.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 1:37 pm

I like to redecorate every few years keep the home refreshed and looking good Very Happy
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum