What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign

+4
Lou81
phoenix
Henri
kickingpigeons
8 posters

Go down

The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign Empty The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign

Post  kickingpigeons Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5226459/Cuts-demanded-in-Keira-Knightleys-anti-domestic-violence-advert.html

Considering this video has already been shown in cinemas and is available to be watched online do you think it be allowed to be shown in full on television? (Post watershed obviously)

Do you think the cuts will detract from portraying the reality behind domestic violence?

Do you think the cuts are necessary?
kickingpigeons
kickingpigeons

Back to top Go down

The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign Empty Re: The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign

Post  Henri Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:45 pm

That's fairly shocking.

To me, censoring the violence is like saying it doesn't happen. Of course its upsetting. It SHOULD be upsetting. People need to get upset over these issues.

If you were a woman going through DV and saw this article, saw a body of people who all said 'That's not appropriate to show on television.' what would you think? Victims of DV need support, and they need help, the one thing they do NOT need is censorship.

I wasn't 100% sure about their use of a well known actress in the ad, but having seen it I think it sends the right message. And yes, the violence at the end is pretty shocking, but why exactly should we NOT be shocked?
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign Empty Re: The censoring of an anti domestic violence campaign

Post  phoenix Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Cutting that ad is completely unnecessary. Worse things are seen in hundreds of films, dramas and programmes, even before the watershed. It's a great ad, and should be shown as is - shocking, abrupt and awful - just like DV.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou81 Sun May 03, 2009 11:48 pm

That ad was very thought provoking. It needed to stay. TBH I think car crash adverts are just as upsetting as this domestic voilence one.
Lou81
Lou81

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Mon May 04, 2009 12:14 am

It made me cry...
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  mad_hatter252 Wed May 06, 2009 8:50 pm

i agree that it needs to be upsetting to get the message across as this is what happens.

I also agree in regards to the car crash adverts but the one with the motorbike and it crashing into the car and the man looking out of his window makes my hairs on my neck go everytime as it is just like when i had a car crash.

I really hate the ad tbh as it takes me back to that split second which felt like 10 minutes of crashing when a car pulled out on us but if it makes drivers think before pulling out it is doing its job just the same as i hope the domestic violence ad will.
mad_hatter252
mad_hatter252

Back to top Go down

Post  kacy1988 Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 pm

i dont think it need to be editted. it gets the message across very clearly. it should be that blatent to show the severity of the crime.

if it isnt edited they will only show it after 9pm to prevent children from seeing it. which i do think is necessary.

kacy1988

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyqwerty Tue May 12, 2009 11:32 pm

There are lots of shocking campaigns, and I think that usually their shockingness is justified. This ad is very graphic, but I didn't think it was inappropriate, or self-indulgent.

I thought it was good, and it definitely shouldn't be cut.

Stupid censors.

dirtyqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum