What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falling in love

+4
HappyGoLucky
KoJaq
MrsGoggins
Henri
8 posters

Go down

Falling in love Empty Falling in love

Post  Henri Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:23 am

Is there such a thing as love at first sight?

Are LAFS relationships capable of lasting, or is it just lust?

Do you have to be friends with someone before pursuing a romantic relationship for it to work?

Is there a 'too soon' to introduce sex into a relationship? Is a relationship that starts out based on sex too shallow to survive, or is sexual compatibility essential for a relationship to work?

Is it possible to truly fall in love more than once? Can true love change and fade? Or is any love that fades not 'real' love?
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Falling in love Empty Re: Falling in love

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:32 pm

I think some people DO fall in love at first sight. It's not happened to me, but I believe it is possible.

If you've been lucky enough to fall in love/lust with your soul mate, then I assume it could indeed last forever!

I don't think you need to be friends before becoming lovers/partners.

I don't think it can be 'too soon' for sex. Unless of course you think you will be viewed as 'easy'. If you think it's going to work out, where's the harm?

You CAN fall in love more than once, thankfully. Very Happy

True love does wax and wane. The heady, emotion filled first months/years do inevitably morph into a calmer, more day-to-day kind of love. I think this kind is the more 'real'.

XX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsGoggins Fri May 01, 2009 1:09 am

I met my husband online but when I first saw him I loved him. We got to know each other from posting and I had seen his photo. So I suppose it was LAFS of a sort, lol.
MrsGoggins
MrsGoggins

Back to top Go down

Post  KoJaq Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 am

I think you can fall in love at first sight, although I haven't. My Dad claims he did when he saw my Mum, she just laughs.

I have been lucky to fall in love twice. I am still in love with both of my husbands.

KoJaq

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyGoLucky Sat May 02, 2009 12:28 am

Henri wrote:Is there such a thing as love at first sight?

I hope so, although I have never experienced it. It's the thing of fairytales, and I love a good fairytale.

Henri wrote:Are LAFS relationships capable of lasting, or is it just lust?

I think if you are both willing to work hard, have trust and are provided wih no reason to loose that trust and have and show respect for each other, a relationship can always work.

Henri wrote:Do you have to be friends with someone before pursuing a romantic relationship for it to work?

My OH was my friend (and my boss for a while), and was there for me when my previos realtionship broke up. I think the relationship I have with him is a hundred times stronger than that with my ex, where we were 'going out' and then got to know each other.

Henri wrote:Is there a 'too soon' to introduce sex into a relationship? Is a relationship that starts out based on sex too shallow to survive, or is sexual compatibility essential for a relationship to work?

I think sex is a huge part of a relationship. If you don't have it, or don't enjoy it, aren't you just friends? Sex is what makes a relationship more than just that of two friends. I love my friends but I don't have sex with them, and so the love I have for them is different to that I have for my OH. Is that naive? Do I love my other half in a different way because I have sex with him, or do I love him in a different way so I have sex with him... Hmmmm... Chicken/Egg??

Henri wrote:Is it possible to truly fall in love more than once? Can true love change and fade? Or is any love that fades not 'real' love?

I have been in love twice. When you catch your partner having sex with a two bit nothing blonde who is the exact opposite of you, that STOPS love dead in its tracks. In my humble opinion anyway. I will always have affection for him, but I can't love someone witout trust or respect. I thought it was real love, so yes, real love can fade, otherwise, we'd never fall in love again.
HappyGoLucky
HappyGoLucky

Back to top Go down

Post  KoJaq Sat May 02, 2009 1:29 am

I agree that love does change and sometimes fade.

Love evolves as you grow as a couple, sometimes for good, sometimes not.

Love does not need to fade for you to fall in love again. My love for my 1st husband is still very strong and yet I love my 2nd husband deeply.

KoJaq

Back to top Go down

Post  beadyeye Sat May 02, 2009 11:29 am

It was love at second sight for me and my Hubby. The first time I saw him I didnt pay him any attention but the second time we met was at a party almost 17 years ago. we where together for 4 1/2 years before we split up but we didnt stop being in love with each other just some other stuff got in the way and 4 years later we got back together. We got married in November last year and we are still very much in love.

I have been "in love " twice my first love when I was 15 (who I still think about) and my husband. I have been "in Lust" many times but been confused thinking it was love.

I do think that you need to be sexually compatable for a relationship to work as sex is a part of being in a relationship. When you start being that intimate with someone really does vary between person to person
beadyeye
beadyeye

Back to top Go down

Post  c1nd3rs Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 am

It was LAFS for me with DH.

I met him at work and the first time I saw him I was hooked. We didn't actually get together until a work bowling/pizza night a couple of months later. 9 weeks after that we were engaged, 16 months later we were married and that was 10.5 years ago.

I do think love changes over the years. It matures and becomes deeper.
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Well i was a person that never believed in love at first sight until the day i met my partner and i have to say i fell in love with him instantly, everything about him was something i had only dreamed of, and still to this day 3 years down the line it has only got stronger.
I believe if you have that strength and trust in each other and make sure you always have that special time alone together it does work. We always have our quality time alone not every week but we make sure a few times a month a weekend away or just a night out and it works for us. Trust and honesty is the key i believe Smile
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat2 Fri May 15, 2009 4:24 pm

I belive in Lust at first sight not love, I think you have to know someone before you can fall in love, whether that is chatting on the phone, over the internet or through dating.
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum