What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not?

5 posters

Go down

Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not? Empty Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 am

Do you think Youth Action Teams are a good idea? Do you think they are effective? Do you think teens get away with too much? Do you think the law lets us down?

I was recently told the police can do 'nothing' about most petty crime, because under Scottish Law we need TWO witnesses. The officer I was speaking to said that a recent case was brought to his bosses attention because 'the lad concerned is a nasty piece of work with a thick file'. Still, nothing can be done.

The Y.A.T police drive around here a fair bit, but they seem to treat the 'hooligans' like friends, chatting to them on corners for ages. And then I'm told that if the person is under-16, there is very little/nothing they can do about assaults/petty crime.

Now I'm wondering if current policing for our teens is effective at all?

If the parents can't/won't deal with their teens and the police can't ... who is ultimately responsible?

Do you think we need to re-work our criminal justice system in regards to the under-16's?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not? Empty Re: Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not?

Post  Mushroom Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 am

I tthink the police need to be much harder on the teenage scum, we all no ASBOS just encourage them but they keep dishing them out. i reckon kids round here collect them.

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not? Empty Re: Policing Britian's Teens ... Effective or Not?

Post  McGiddyBiddy Fri May 01, 2009 5:29 pm

I think they should bring back national service Twisted Evil Theirs too many uncontrollable yob teens nowadays asbos are no good

Bridget
McGiddyBiddy
McGiddyBiddy

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Fri May 01, 2009 5:36 pm

My unkle went to borstel bitd coz he was a little shit twocing cars and stufff. he ended up goin to prison for murderin sumone so i dont think it does that much good being had to them. his mum and dad ad split up and he just needed some tlc ratha than a childrens home where the screws were all pedlophiles.
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 01, 2009 6:15 pm

I think they should bring back national service Theirs too many uncontrollable yob teens nowadays asbos are no good

Bridget

I totally agree with this statement. If they did this, then there would be far less crime on the streets...parade bashing is a good use of excess energy!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Fri May 01, 2009 6:23 pm

I still say show teens video footage of the police behaviour at the free tibet and G20 protests, tell them they can actually get KILLED by the police, and see how little power they think the police have then!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum