What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you care about celebrities?

3 posters

Go down

Do you care about celebrities? Empty Do you care about celebrities?

Post  Koru Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am

Do you care about celebrities and what happens to them, or do you feel that the "cult of the celebrity" is over done.
Are you interested in what celebrities get up to, or would you rather that they all just disappeared?
Is there too much celebrity coverage?
Koru
Koru

Back to top Go down

Do you care about celebrities? Empty Re: Do you care about celebrities?

Post  sunset30 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:33 pm

I do care about SOME celebrities, I get totally hooked in by SOME celebrity news stories or lives and start feeling empathetic and so on, even though I have never met and do not know them. luckily, I usually have a hold on this and understand that it might just be their situation that resonates with me. or something that just catches my imagination.

I don't generally like the celeb magazines and don't follow ANY of those ghastly celeb "fly on the wall" life tv shows. That just doesn't do it for me. But, I do read a LOT of autobiographies, and if I get caught up in a news story, I will read all I can, watch tv news more etc to keep updated. eg, when I was pg, Richard Hammond had his big accident, and I really followed it on the news, and looked out for updates etc etc. It really affected me. I ahve also written to celebrities whose autobiograhies really click with me too. I had a lovely letter from Nicola Pagett, I read her (EXCELLENT) book "Diamonds behind my eyes" soon after I was diagnosed with BiPolar, and it was an amzing read, and quite resonant for me in an abstract way.

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Koru Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am

The only time that I ever read the celebrity gossip mags, is when I'm at the doctors, dentist or the like. What I really don't understand, is the interest in non-celebrities. You know, those that aren't really famous for anything other than being famous. I can't stand big brother either, and don't see any interest in people who are/were involved in that.
Koru
Koru

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 pm

hands up I admit to being a celeb watcher,
Although I too find it impossible to "get" the only famous for being famous ones, ie Paris Hilton.
I do get caught up in the lives of others, have just spent 10 minutes trying to get the latest info on Felippe Massa following his crash on Saturday,
I probably need to get out more!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum