What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To not want DS to have blue eyes!!

4 posters

Go down

To not want DS to have blue eyes!! Empty To not want DS to have blue eyes!!

Post  fatcat2 Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 am

It's a bit pathetic but I have green eyes DH and DD have deep brown but DS is sticking with blue and I really hoped he would have green as he is fair like me the thing is DD is is the spit of DH they both are olive skinned, tan really easy and DD hair is going dark too, DS and myself are blonde and fair but he still looks just like daddy (not fair) but because he is blonde I thought he would have greenish eyes but they are bright blue. I really thought one of them would get somthing from me not just pasty skin.

I know there is nothing I can do about it and god know's how much I love them all but It's really pissing me off. Crying or Very sad

AIBU!
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

To not want DS to have blue eyes!! Empty Re: To not want DS to have blue eyes!!

Post  Koru Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 am

I'm sure he has plenty from you, but you just don't see it. I think you are being a bit unreasonable, there's nothing that you can do about it. How old is he though? They may still change.
Koru
Koru

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 am

LOL! I kind of know what you mean - everyone has always said ds is just like his Daddy, adn it feels like he got nothing from me (except his fabulous temper (but that's just a two year old thing, no???)

People are starting to pick out more things from me, but I don't see it (yet?)

you are only being unreasonable if it's not just a little quiet voice in you head - if it becomes something that is actually making you unhappy with him, then it's unreasonable.

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Awww, no, I think it's perfectly ok to want to see more of yourself in him. If my daughter comes out looking exactly like her dad (ginger, with beautiful blue/gold eyes and a honker of a nose) I'll probably be a little jealous. We all want our babies to look like us!

As you said, you love his eyes, but I understand completely wishing they were green like yours.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum