What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delia Smith

4 posters

Go down

Delia Smith Empty Delia Smith

Post  sunset30 Wed May 27, 2009 6:10 pm

What do you think? Good, not good, somewhere in between?

DP decided to make stroganof yesterday - he follwed Delia's recipe from the complete cookery course that we have.

It has TOTALLY different ingredients from the one I make - and as a result tasted COMPLETELY different, not even similar. How can this be? Surely a stroganoff should taste roughly the same whoever's recipe you follow?

I confess I use her for basics, like yorkshire puddings or plain scones, but never for anything even potentially complicated - I find her too patronising, and also she has totally changed recipes and NOT changed the names, so you THINK you are getting a classic dish, but you are NOT and if it's something you like, you could easily be disappointed.

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Delia Smith Empty Re: Delia Smith

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 pm

We have 2 of her books. The veggie one and the cheats one. I haven't made lots of the recipes but the ones we have ..we like!

We have done the leek and potato soup, goats cheese and tomato fla, chocolate tortes, and goulash...I know not a lot...we have so many recipe books!
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyqwerty Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 pm

I think she's an utter joke. The cooking with tins thing!! Sheesh...

dirtyqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Wed May 27, 2009 11:58 pm

Cooking with tins is the best pastry tip I have EVER had...my pastry is always crisp, never wet and I get nothing but complements!

I like Delia. I haven't followed many of her recipes from her books as I only have the Veggie one. I think I've made more from memory off her shows (was a UKFood addict when I was at home!). However, I have made her lentil patties (yummers!) and the recipe for braised cabbage was exactly right when I ate it!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtyqwerty Thu May 28, 2009 2:21 pm

How do you mean, pastry with tins? I mean the opening a tin of spam, adding some sage flowers and a slosh of gin to it and calling it lunch ...

dirtyqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum