What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Different Types of Slings Available

5 posters

Go down

The Different Types of Slings Available Empty The Different Types of Slings Available

Post  3for3 Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi All,

I am a big fan of slings but a little overwhelmed by the choice.
With no3 on the way and my two being 2 and 1 - I feel i will use a sling loads. I have a baby bjorn and a mei tai already but wonder if there is a type which is well suited for carrying a newborn and the huge amounts of bending involved in 2 little ones already. Carrot (no2) is a very cuddly baby and sling really helped me give her what she needed whilst giving me the ability to do stuff lol But what about having a baby in high summer and keeping them wrapped up...does it ever get too warm for you both?

So which slings are best IYO?

Or do you think slings are a total waste of money and have a different idea on what works?

Love to hear your opinions on slings and the different types or alternatives...it'll help me choose one as my mei tai doesn't seem ideal for newborn plus 2 x toddler life.

thanks

Jo x
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

The Different Types of Slings Available Empty Re: The Different Types of Slings Available

Post  sunset30 Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 pm

I liked mine. it was a babytrekker, and very easy to use. It DID geta bit hot in the summer, but then, that was largely as a result of the baby not the sling!

I have never met anyone else who used that one, though, so maybe not popular? It's Canadian anyway, but I liked it a lot
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

The Different Types of Slings Available Empty Re: The Different Types of Slings Available

Post  EeeGee Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 am

Hi!

I'm quite new to baby-wearing, but I have a mei tai and find it absolutely invaluable. I am able to get loads done (including cooking and cleaning and playing with my 2 year-old) whilst carrying my (almost) 8 week old around in it when she's not settling.

We do sometimes get a bit hot, but then we would anyway if I had to cuddle her to settle her, so I suppose it's actually a little cooler without me actually cuddling her! I think she'll be cooler when her legs are actually hanging right out of it! LOL! She's still diddy at the moment and bundled up inside!

Plus it's lovely when taking her for a walk.

Not really sure about the other types though if I'm honest. Just wanted to give my opinion on the mei tai! But I agree it might not be ideal when you have two others!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  3for3 Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm

thanks peeps :-)

perhaps i'm just tooo eager to get my hard earned cash out and spend on new baby lol maybe mei tai will do the trick!

off to look at a baby trekker anyway hehehehehehe

Jo x
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

Post  Moomin76 Tue May 19, 2009 10:48 pm

If I was ever to have another baby I think I'd go for a kari me (http://www.kari-me.com/).
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  Zog Thu May 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I like ring slings because they are very versatile. You can use them for different holds, and you can use them for tiny babies or toddlers. Also they are adjustable so other people can us the same one.
Zog
Zog

Back to top Go down

Post  3for3 Thu May 21, 2009 11:06 pm

thanks - a number of people have mentioned those both now so off to have a nosey - are there any good sites for slings that sell a variety?

thanks

Jo x
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum