What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

am i the only one that thhinks this is odd....

+3
cu2
3for3
kacy1988
7 posters

Go down

am i the only one that thhinks this is odd.... Empty am i the only one that thhinks this is odd....

Post  kacy1988 Mon May 18, 2009 10:14 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1184028/Meet-million-twin-baby-boys--8211-different-fathers.html

and i'm sure the odds must be much bigger than one in a million. not only did this woman have to ovulate around the same time she was sleeping with these two men she also had to release (for want of a better word) two eggs. which doesnt happen very often does it?

all a bit wierd. how can you explain that one?

kacy1988

Back to top Go down

am i the only one that thhinks this is odd.... Empty Re: am i the only one that thhinks this is odd....

Post  3for3 Mon May 18, 2009 11:03 pm

yes i'm with you - that is truly weird. I'd also have thought the chances were less than that but i am just shocked that it is even possible - which logically i guess it must be. Esp when you think men's sperm will actually fight if they come (excuse the pun) across each other...

and her partner standing by her? also weird Razz Laughing

Jo x
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

am i the only one that thhinks this is odd.... Empty Re: am i the only one that thhinks this is odd....

Post  cu2 Tue May 19, 2009 1:13 am

little babies, cuddle in the cot, mummy a bit naughty, hape alls well, goodonya bloke, lots of joy
cu2
cu2

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Tue May 19, 2009 3:52 am

All fraternal twins are the result of two eggs being released at the same or similar time. The reason the chances of this are so slim is two-fold. One, women's bodies are pretty amazing and are fairly inimical to sperm. However, your body can get 'tolerant' of one man's sperm, your usual partner, so any foreign sperm has to overcome your own body's defences. Which probably mean she'd been sleeping with the other bloke for a while. The other thing is, both sperm types need to have been there at the egg release or the likelihood is very slim that you would have two different fathers. So she would have had to have sex with both men within a 12 hour period for the motility of the sperm to be the same or similar.

Not impossible at all! Just highly improbable!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 am

Am I the only one thinking 'Why the *feck* did she not keep her mouth shut?' Chances are the twin by her partner would have looked enough like him to escape suspicion, so why go and pay for a DNA test to reveal your own infidelity?

I find it very strange but not beyond the realm of possibility or anything. Pretty much anyone who has a chance of having fraternal twins has a chance of this happening. I'm almost more surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Celticmom Tue May 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Its not that uncommon to ovulate with more than one egg, there are a few sets of fraternal twins in my dads side of the family, usually boy girl, which means that the ladies in our family are ovulating with 2 eggs at a time.

I agree with Jeliwobble about the womans body usually rejecting a new partners sperm. A friend of mine actually got an allergic reaction to a guys sperm when she had a drunken one night stand. She was tested for STI's after that, and there were none, her body just saw his sperm as an invading organism.

I am sure I read of a story a few years back where a white mom had an affair, and when her twins came out, one was black (or half black) and the other one was Asian. It may have been an urban legend, am off to google it now.

Celticmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Celticmom Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Cant find the story about the black/asian twins from years ago, but reading one of the newspapers reports about the lady in the current story, I see that she is actually pregnant AGAIN! She is 20, has 11 month old twins and got pregnant again??? Thank God her partner is staying with her, can you imagine bringing up 3 kids under 18months on your own? Shocked

Celticmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Tue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm

The black/white twin thing is very common. I remember seeing a twin doc years ago with teen black and white twin sisters on it (black dad, white mum) and them discussing how it felt to be a different colour to their twin. I think it was on CH4.

Apparently, it's quite common though with frats born to mixed race couples: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2082429.ece
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Celticmom Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 pm

I was going to mention that family who had had 2 sets of mixed race twins. Amazing!! And they are such cuties too :-) I had a strong feeling in both pregnancies that I would have twins....but no such luck. Maybe I though that way because of all the twins in my family. Or maybe cos I just wanted it cheese
But no, have had 2 scans and there is definately only 1 baby in there. Laughing

Celticmom

Back to top Go down

Post  sarabone Wed May 20, 2009 2:14 pm

I've never heard of this happening except in a work of fiction (the twins their were mixed race too, one with a fairly light skinned black father and the ther with a fairly dark skinned black father) but i suppose it's thearitcally possible. Pictures of the mixed race twins are on about.com somewhere i think. I think i found them via a "spot the urban myth" quiz they have there.

sarabone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum