What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cabinet's Expenses

4 posters

Go down

The Cabinet's Expenses Empty Re: The Cabinet's Expenses

Post  Moomin76 Fri May 08, 2009 10:08 pm

I'm not really that bothered by the story tbh. I think that ministers have a fairly low basic salary (compared to what they'd make in the private sector) and don't blame them for claiming something they were entitled to. So long as they were playing within the rules, that's all I'm bothered about. If they were claiming things they shouldn't have done, then that I would have an issue with.

The system itself is bonkers imo, but until they change it then ministers have done nothing wrong by simply claiming what they were entitled to.
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Moomin76 wrote:I'm not really that bothered by the story tbh. I think that ministers have a fairly low basic salary (compared to what they'd make in the private sector) and don't blame them for claiming something they were entitled to. So long as they were playing within the rules, that's all I'm bothered about. If they were claiming things they shouldn't have done, then that I would have an issue with.

The system itself is bonkers imo, but until they change it then ministers have done nothing wrong by simply claiming what they were entitled to.

Yup, I reckon if the system allowed them and they've followed the rules, then I have no problem with it. Those claiming things in "error" or taking the michael, need to answer a few questions though but I agree with Moomin76, they don't get paid a lot in comparison to the private sector and they DO have to have a second home, which is something not many other people have to fund.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  cu2 Wed May 13, 2009 12:00 pm

squeaking pips, money grabbing, snouts in trough, blood out of a stone
cu2
cu2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content