What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum?

+18
Moomin76
emmap
aloveofeachcolour
c1nd3rs
Lou81
mummyloves3
3for3
Cadiva
mad_hatter252
Henri
Admin
Mrs Big Boobs
sunset30
sarabone
Jeliwobble
Smartiepants
EeeGee
Zog
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This Forum? Empty This Forum?

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 12:18 pm

How do we think it's working so far? Any glitches spotted? Any suggestions on how we can improve it?

Do you feel comfortable starting posts? Are the sections easy to understand and navigate?

Are there any buttons or functions you're unsure about? Ask away and we'll try to figure it out!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

This Forum? Empty Re: This Forum?

Post  Zog Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm

I like it! I like the fact that you only get one email saying that someone has replied to one of your favourite threads, and then you don't get another email until you have visited that thread again. So you don't switch on your computer to find hundreds of emails all saying the same thing.

I haven't used all the features yet. I don't have any friends although I have asked a couple of people. Sad

I still don't understand what member points are and how you get them.

Is there a spell checker. I always like those. Smile
Zog
Zog

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I like it too! Having fun expressing my opinion! Spell check would be good, but then I use Google Chrome which checks my spelling for me! LOL!

Haven't used ALL the features yet, but I'm sure I'll get around to it!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Smartiepants Sun May 03, 2009 9:04 pm

I like it, it's not the easiest forum i've used though. I like all of the features except the member points....just something that bugs me, seems pointless(excuse pun) in a forum. Other than that, I like it and pop on every couple of days to catch up.
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Mon May 04, 2009 4:32 am

I like it. I am very used to phpBB as I used it 'in the old days' and I like the subtle improvements that they've made to it over the years.

I think once we have a quorum, then the place will take off. Need a bit more advertising I think! No one likes to think they're talking to themselves! It takes all of us, posting regularly to make it work.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Smartiepants Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi jo, I feel like that here....I come on after 3 days and my name is still the last one showing!!! It's very new though and forums can take months to really get going.
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi all,

Zog - how do you accept friends? Perhaps people don't know? Is it on the friends section of your profile? I'm not 100% sure. I've not found a spellchecker Crying or Very sad

Smartiepants - the Member Points are there to encourage people to post and to take part in the Games for Points!

Jeliwobble - I created a site map a few days ago and submitted it to yahoo, google, live, ask.com etc. I also created and submitted a Google meta-tag. Hopefully in a week or two we'll start showing up on more searches!
Until then we're relying on WOM mainly. FB, emails and so on. The 'other' wyoo started slowly too, but ended up with 12,000 page views a day - we CAN do it! thumbs up Or so I keep telling myself!

Thanks for all the input so far, everyone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sarabone Wed May 06, 2009 3:19 pm

I like this forum. It is cool. When I've finished my essays i shall be on here a lot more.

sarabone

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Wed May 06, 2009 3:23 pm

I like it, like everything it takes some getting used to, but I have just invited a whole bunch of my fb friends to join - more people would mean more topics and faster moving threads? Hope that's OK! I do need some friends tho - I am shy at adding them myself LOL!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Wed May 06, 2009 5:24 pm

A new user I introduced said he liked the site but suggested that the posts since you last visit button needs to be bigger. When the site gets busier and there are lots of posts flying it might be difficult to see new ones and you would have to scroll and scroll....?

I have c&pd from a thread I started on newbies bit (sorry)
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Wed May 06, 2009 5:25 pm

L, I have added you as a friend

Jane x
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 pm

I've fixed that now, Jane - replied on Newbies. Hope the new button makes things easier?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://whatsyouropinionon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Wed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Me likes. I really like that it's phpBB, which Im very familiar with, and I like having more space and I like that we have a good mix of people but most people seem to have their heads on straight.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  mad_hatter252 Wed May 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Yep i'm liking it, i'm not used to this style of posting but then i never really used any forums before the 'other' site so bear with me i might make a few mistakes posting!

I love the fact that it is all split into relevent sections so whatever you really feel like chatting about/ tv/ silly stuff/ serious stuff you can find something easily. I also love the fact i'm logged in and don't have to keep signing in like other sites.

I came over coz i missed all the level headed people from the 'other' side, and i must admit i havnt been on it in the last week and i feel so much more relaxed in here i'l definitely be staying for good!!
mad_hatter252
mad_hatter252

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 pm

This is my second favourite type of forum software after vBulletin, it's easy to use and navigate and so it always looks clean and friendly and inviting and yes I am a strange girl with an internet forum fixation Very Happy

As for the posters, I think I only know a couple of you probably in another life/forum but from what I've seen, some fairly differing opinions seem able to be expressed without anyone getting all up in arms about it and I like the thought of healthy debate.

ETA: I think perhaps the one and only criticism I would have is the colour. Because we're using blue text, it can get lost a bit when it sits on top of a blue on white on blue forum colour scheme.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu May 07, 2009 12:34 am

I like that the text is now black!

But I'm not sure about the pink on the main page. Was that a special request? It hurts my eyes a bit Embarassed Plus, it's not easy to see at a glance which posts are new and which aren't (if you don't use the button at the top like I don't) because new posts are also shown in pink so they get a bit muddled together. Or is that just me?
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 12:36 am

Yep, I think black text makes things much easier to read, it also makes the actual posts clearer - if that makes any sense. I don't dislike the pink but I could see how it's not really easy to spot a new post without using the top control panel link.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  3for3 Thu May 07, 2009 12:51 am

I am liking it a lot. It feels very easy to post opinion on here and there seems to be a great culture being created where open opinions are welcome without any personal attacks. I'd feel happy starting a thread and will do as soon as I have something to ask!

On functionality/useability - I think it is easy to navigate and i like things such as the fact it automatically sends me back to the thread when i post. If possible it would be good to have that thing where you auto go to the last post you didn't read when you return to a thread...as i'm thinking as the board grows it is a bit of a pain to have to go from page to page tracking down where you last read up to. No idea what is involved in getting that kind of function tho!

I also like the split of the groups for threads about different topics...i think this works well and the groups are great ones.
Little things like the choice of emoticons, the quote facility and the other options make it more flexible and personal. Must sort out a pic for myself lol

It is already growing and i can see this being a great success. Yes I like it here and already putting my stinky feet up on the table wink
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 1:10 am

3for3 not related to the forum but I love your avatar picture! I have original prints of the first three Dragonlance Legends book covers signed by Larry Elmore and an original print of the one he did for Dragons of Summer Flame, also signed. They were my best ever Christmas present given to me by my best friend Adam.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 am

i am going to be honst. the stuff i didnt like on bc is happenin on here 2. poeple are talkin about stuff i dont get. poeple have been nasty to me coz they disagree with how i do being a mum. i had a post delete coz well i dont know coz no one told me. i no i have not said my bc name on here coz i have been bullyd on bc and didnt wont poepl makin asssupshions about me. i have tried to be honst and then had sumone accuse me of bein sumone who winds up people on bc. i have been made to feel thick coz i dont use long words and cant spell right and dont talk politics. i think i will stick with netmums.
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Right, the pink/red is gone ... we've got the links etc set to black now, is that better ... or would navy be better for the links/titles?

We're glad the black post text is easier to read!

We can't find a setting to allow you to jump to the last post you read on each thread. Sad

ML3 - We're sorry you feel that way. We (The Admins) haven't seen anyone being nasty about your parenting style - we wish you'd sent a PM so we could see where that's happened. We're also unsure what people have talked about that you 'don't get'? We know lost of references to another forum have been deleted, so perhaps some posts don't make as much sense as they should? We'd be sorry to lose a member, but we're glad you have a forum where you do feel more "at home".
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://whatsyouropinionon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This Forum? Empty to mummyloe3

Post  mad_hatter252 Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm sad you feel like that as my experience so far has been a great one,
i would suggest though that if you do not understand what a post is about or what words mean you just ask as i'm sure the members will explain to you or do like i do if you arn't knowledgeable about a topic don't join in on it there are plenty more topics to join in on! But by looking at all the topics you will become more educated on the topic which i love doing.
But i'm afraid that when you comment on parenting issues you have to be prepared for people to disagree with your way of parenting as thats the whole point of WYOO and sharing opinions on what everyone thinks, correct me if i'm wrong though admins!?
mad_hatter252
mad_hatter252

Back to top Go down

Post  3for3 Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Cadiva - sneaking in a thanks here...I also have an artbook from this era - where this pic is from and it is truly one of my treasured possessions too...also bought for me by a good male friend! God I loved that series of books...the first fantasy novels I ever read and the artwork in my book is outstanding. Very jealous about the signing altho i was lucky enough to get a david gemmell book signed before his passing!
*sorry to threadjack!*
3for3
3for3

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou81 Fri May 08, 2009 12:30 am

Ah now mummyloves3 if you are going to post something using the word 'accused' it would be wise to actually think before you misuse a word like that, it could get you into trouble. I will quote you to me: who do you thinks i am? am dying to kno! will tell you if you are right!!!! I responed with a name who I thought you might be. That's not called accusing my lovely. That's called answering a question. whistling
Lou81
Lou81

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou81 Fri May 08, 2009 12:43 am

Oh also to add, the only reason I suggested that name was because she herself said on BC that she was accused of being a troll. Ahem. You also said the exact same thing. I thought it was a coincidence, obviously I'm wrong though!
Lou81
Lou81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next