What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autobiographies....

2 posters

Go down

Autobiographies.... Empty Autobiographies....

Post  sunset30 Fri May 01, 2009 7:10 pm

I am a total fan of these. I found myself actually writing to the author of one a couple of weeks agoas I was so sad when I closed the back cover, I had just become totally absorbed!
I love reading about other people's lives and so on.
Anyone have any favourites?
I am currently reading "a lotus grows in the mud" - it's not bad, I have read worse, but it is a bit of a slog!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Autobiographies.... Empty Re: Autobiographies....

Post  Guest Fri May 01, 2009 9:17 pm

I've not read very many autoibiographies. I remember enjoying Pamela Connoly's biography of Billy, but that's not quite the same thing!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Fri May 01, 2009 9:36 pm

I read biographies too, but I prefer autobiographies and have read LOADS - I like it when I can imagine the author actually using thoise words, or if I can hear tehm, themselves.

Even if it's someone I don't know how they sound, if it's good, I find you can hear them, and I really am nosy, I love the ordinariness of people's lives if told well.
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 12:32 am

Probably the one book type I read more often than not. Really enjoyed Kate: The Life of Katharine Hepburn by Charles Higham. I also read a heck of a lot of historical biographies, am currently reading Eric Ives' one on Anne Boleyn and also have David Baldwin's book about Richard Plantagenet (the Lost Prince, the Survival of Richard of York), who is alleged to have been the younger of the Princes in the Tower, on the go.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum