What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving used clothes back?

5 posters

Go down

Leaving used clothes back? Empty Leaving used clothes back?

Post  Lou81 Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 pm

I've just read a thread somewhere where a lady pulled off someones tag hanging from the back of her top and she turned around and gave off to her as she was going to return it the next day after a night out. pale

various responses were hillarious and very insightful as to what people actually do to save a few quid. Shocked

So WYOO keeping on tags so you can wear something and then get a refund?

How would you feel if you bought something and paid full whack for it and it had been used by someone else.

Grr I'd be really peed.
Lou81
Lou81

Back to top Go down

Leaving used clothes back? Empty Re: Leaving used clothes back?

Post  Jeliwobble Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Ick.

How unpleasant, just from the skankyness of it. If you can't afford it, don't pretend to pay for it, wear it and return it. That's just disgusting.

HOWEVER, I love the idea of Change of A Dress style shops where you take along your really beautiful dresses that cost you lots of money but you've worn them too often to wear them again and either exchange them for something equally beautiful, or sell them through the shop (who take a small cut).
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  northern soul Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

There is a dress exchange where i live, seems very nice though I have never been in as dont think Dorothy perkins clobber is in demand Laughing

northern soul

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Fri May 08, 2009 1:51 am

Can't abide that practice! It is dirty and dishonest. With ebay, charity shops, markets, heck even Primark and George, you can look good for a tiny amount of money, so why bother? Heck, buy a few trinkets for a nominal sum and then re-sell them - you may end up making a few quid.

I actually appreciate the fact that some shops now take an address to try and catch frequent returners, since they do end up costing the company a fortune (not all returns can be returned to the floor, some have to be written off).
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Fri May 08, 2009 3:13 am

Lou81 wrote:I've just read a thread somewhere where a lady pulled off someones tag hanging from the back of her top and she turned around and gave off to her as she was going to return it the next day after a night out. pale

various responses were hillarious and very insightful as to what people actually do to save a few quid. Shocked

So WYOO keeping on tags so you can wear something and then get a refund?

How would you feel if you bought something and paid full whack for it and it had been used by someone else.

Grr I'd be really peed.

I think it's wrong and I'm fairly sure it's technically a breach of the law - ie obtaining a pecuniary advantage. I think we've a couple of solicitors on here who might be able to say whether I'm right or not. I know when I used to do a lot of court reporting that things like getting a taxi and legging it without paying, or having a meal and doing the same thing, came under that heading. I would think buying something, wearing it and taking it back for the full refund would probably come under this part of the law.

It's also icky, and I'd be hugely pissed off if I discovered something I'd bought "new" actually had been worn and returned without the store knowing about it.
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down