What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Series ...

+2
kickingpigeons
lazzasmrs
6 posters

Go down

The Twilight Series ... Empty The Twilight Series ...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:39 pm

A place to discuss the work of Stephanie Myers.

Have you read the series? Do you plan to?

If you've read it, which has been your favourite book (and why)? Favourite characters?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Series ... Empty Re: The Twilight Series ...

Post  lazzasmrs Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 am

ooh, I'm a Twilight addict.

watched the movie back in January, and loved it so much I ordered the first 3 books online that night. Only took me 2 weeks to get through all 3 books, I ordered the 4th and read it in 3 nights (well, some of them were 3am finishes Embarassed )

I am currently re-reading them all again, but I *think* that breaking dawn was my favourite and least favourite at the same time. I loved the story and seeing how it all tied up, but hated that it was the final book cos I was hungry for more!

Currently working my way through the various fanfiction sites to satisfy my need for more Cullen stories Laughing (in-between watching the movie again & again)

lazzasmrs

Back to top Go down

Post  kickingpigeons Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:28 am

I watched the movie before I read the book series.

I enjoyed the movie but I loved the books so much more.

I know that the books are thought to be quite poorly written by some (and admittedly there are much better authors) but it's the first time in a long time that I've been so captivated by a story. I literally didn't want to put the books down! I was so disappointed once I'd finished "Breaking Dawn", I want more!!!!
kickingpigeons
kickingpigeons

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:12 pm

I've just discovered the series, thanks to my best friend! She sent me the series for my birthday (a couple of weeks ago).

I've loved the first two and am now about 1/2 way into the third. I suspect she still won't be 'changed' by the end of this one though, which is bloody infuriating me! Just do it already!

XX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Oooo I haven't read these yet, but they're on my next-to-read list Very Happy
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Moomin76 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 pm

I've read the first one and was strangely unmoved by it. It was a nice story, but I wasn't desperate to get through it as I had expected. I will read the others, but I'm in no hurry. I just don't get the hype at all I'm afraid.
Moomin76
Moomin76

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 am

The poster above me has no taste. Ignore her opinions.

I loved this series, as did my eldest daughter. And all her friends. I'm a cool mom because I read their cool books lol. OK it isn't exactly Dickens but I loved it all. It's a great concept and she keeps the action flowing so that you are almost drawn through the books.

I think my favourite published book is Breaking Dawn (won't say because of spoilers) but I love Midnight Sun the most. Can't wait until that is released! I hope she writes more in this world, perhaps through a different set of eyes.

Has anyone read The Host? I quite liked that too, but it is far more adult - not in the theme or action sense, just in how it is written. Dryer, not so fluffy.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm

I've finished the series now ... *sob* ... gutted there aren't any more. I was pleased with the eventual outcome, but I do feel it took too long to get there ... Harry had battled Voldemort about 5 times by the time we got to 'the point' in Twilight, lmao.

However, I really enjoyed the books and I'd recommend them.

XX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  McGiddyBiddy Sun May 03, 2009 3:27 pm

they're alright for kids books

The second book has bella pining for her vampire bf and generelly being pathetic until he comes back. to much clunky dierlog
McGiddyBiddy
McGiddyBiddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down