What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distressed and Distraught!

3 posters

Go down

Distressed and Distraught! Empty Distressed and Distraught!

Post  sunset30 Fri May 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello all!

Today I had every intention of taking J to Hertford to the castle park and t have a picnic. he was very excited by this - beginning with taking his breakfast to the garden to "picnic with shreddies"

So, picnic packed, sun screen on, bus stop (1 mile from home) arrived at. Half an hour waited. Jamie asks to get out of the pushchair. He is very good on the bus so I agree. he stands by the bench. The bus comes into sight. He stands on the pub courtyard. he REFUSES to get on the bus. The bus leaves without us. I tell him that's it - NO PICNIC and NO BUS! He cries and screams! We walk home.

Half way home and half way accross the A10 - a black cloud surrounds us and things are swirling about. I initially think that a truck has gone past behind us trailing debris, and resolve to keep my mouth closed. These swirling things are pretty HUGE. As they descend further around us, turns out they are living things! I have discussed it with DP and the www and we were stood RIGHT in the middle of a HORNET SWARM!!! shocked! This is also consistant with the fact that neither of us was stung (phew!) Luckily for me, I was too dim and also am luckily not phobic so we were entirely calm throughout!

Jamie is now in bed, and IF he is a lucky boy, when he wakes up I will take him to the park for his picnic! Oh the trials.....
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Distressed and Distraught! Empty Re: Distressed and Distraught!

Post  aloveofeachcolour Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Sounds awful - glad you are both OK.

The most scary thing is that the google ads at the top of the page all related to wasps nests and bees when I read your post. Targeted? Or just coincidental?
aloveofeachcolour
aloveofeachcolour

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Sat May 23, 2009 12:24 am

We are fine - we went to the big park this afternoon and Jamie had a "picnic" but his very favourite thing about it was that I bought him an ice lolly on the way home! (It was only a mini milk - but he was very excited to have a whole lolly to himself!)

Oh, and a little girl in school uniform came up to me in the park, "excuse me but is your name Lauren?" "No" "No, honestly, I know I know you, what is your name." (as she had had a pretty good stab at it, I guessed she was probably right so I told her) "Yes, I knew that I knew you, you were stood behind me and my Dad in the Next Sale at Christmas time!" - She was right too!!!! She told her friend I was very nice and promised to tell her Dad she'd seen me! I felt rubbish for not recognising her!

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Tue May 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Bless you, I read this on J's blog and thought it was awful then too.

How funny that little girl recognising you!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum