What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Do You?

+4
phoenix
Henri
sunset30
Hushy
8 posters

Go down

Makeup - Do You? Empty Makeup - Do You?

Post  Hushy Tue May 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Do you wear makeup? Every day? Once or twice a week? Only on special occasions?

Do you use makeup to enhance or to hide?

Do you vary the colours you use, or are you stuck in a rut ... only using certain shades?

Do you like makeup gift sets, or do you think makeup should only be bought by the person who will be wearing it?

Is it ever Ok for men to wear makeup?

WYO?
Hushy
Hushy
Admin

https://whatsyouropinionon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Do You? Empty Re: Makeup - Do You?

Post  sunset30 Tue May 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I wear makeup when I am doing something "proper" - I occasionally wear it to college if I am feeling vulnerable and would always wear it for an interview or for a "do"

I think it's great for men to wear makeup - DP is totally NOT up for that (and is a very blokey bloke, so wouldn't suit it) but I have had fun putting make up on men! I spent a long time thinking that my ideal partner might be a male transvestite, but I don't actually like it as much when men wear it to look like women as I do when they wear it just as part of their look iyswim.

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Wed May 20, 2009 3:16 am

M looks very pretty with a bit of subtle mascara and ey-sorry, guy-liner. He has these huge eyes and long lashes, the bastard. I'd steal them right out of his head if I could.

I only wear full slap when I'm going somewhere nice, or seeing people who make me nervous. It's my defense shield. I don't leave the house much so even mild make up only goes on less that once a week most weeks. My 'normal' look is a bit of eyeliner and mascara, liquid eyeshadow if I can be bothered.

I own TONS of makeup and used to buy it obsessively, but after the Epic Mental Breakdown of '08 I got out of the habit and lost interest. I'll still get a bit fun with the eyeshadow every now and again if I'm going somewhere really special or the mood strikes me, but normally I cannae be bothered.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Wed May 20, 2009 6:59 pm

I rarely wear makeup, perhaps a bit of concealer if I have an especially glowing spot. I might or might not put some on for a night out, but would wear some for an interview, wedding etc - "some" being a bit of mascara, powder and lipstick lol.

I tend to stick to the same shades, neutrals, since I'm so used to my naked face that bright trendy colours look a bit weird on me!

Men can wear make-up if they want, it doesn't bother me. I grew up in the early eighties, new romantics, Boy George etc. so men in makeup was the "norm" back then. However, I don't fancy men in make-up. I don't like men who primp and spend longer looking getting ready than I do.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Do you wear makeup? Every day? Once or twice a week? Only on special occasions?

Everyday, even ongym days although that is only toned moisturiser

Do you use makeup to enhance or to hide?
Probably both although I am happy to go out without if I had to

Do you vary the colours you use, or are you stuck in a rut ... only using certain shades?
I change what colours I wear to tie in with clothes, usually Browns or Greens but I was wearing bright blue today

Do you like makeup gift sets, or do you think makeup should only be bought by the person who will be wearing it?
I was (very vocally to DH) not impressed AT ALL with the estee lauder one my MIL bought me several years ago, But I use it everyday and love it now Embarassed

Is it ever Ok for men to wear makeup?
Only concealer, say before a big meeting but nothing else. Although the exceptions being fancy dress obviously

WYO?
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 pm

When I worked I wore make up every day. Full works. Used to take me 10 minutes from foundation to lipstick!

However, I only wear it if I'm going somewhere these days or the very few days that I feel the need. My unadorned face is not bad. My lines are all earned and my spots tell you I'm still making hormones, baby!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Do you wear makeup? Every day? Once or twice a week? Only on special occasions? Special occasions but also when my under-eye bags are out of control!

Do you use makeup to enhance or to hide? Hide. Not too much to enhance at the moment! LOL!

Do you vary the colours you use, or are you stuck in a rut ... only using certain shades? Pretty much in a rut!

Do you like makeup gift sets, or do you think makeup should only be bought by the person who will be wearing it? I like eyeshadow gift sets. Makes me break out of my rut!

Is it ever Ok for men to wear makeup? No. Unless they're musicians or on TV!!

WYO? They're my opinions! I like mineral make-up best. I use this: www.lilylolo.co.uk and my other absolute essential item is Virgin Vie's "Out of the Shadows" which is a cheap version of YSL's Touche Eclat under-eye concealer. Magic.

Oh and here's a tip I learned from Jay Manuel on America's Next Top Model - your eyeshadow should never match your dress/top. Hence why I'm stuck in a rut - I know my suede/chocolate/caramel shades go with everything. DOH!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Sat May 23, 2009 12:15 am

Ooh, I shall remember that - I have equiped myself with the new givenchy travelling makeup set and I shall be experimenting with colourways until I find ones I like for next year (got to start practicing early - at the mo I am a foundation, powder and lipstick ONLY type woman - and considering wearing contacts (I only wear them for swimmng currently) for the day so might get used to doing the eyes.

(It's not so scary, I can do it - I have had lessons, I just don't cos there's little point in -10+ photochromic glasses!)

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 pm

I am guilty as charged today, I am just back from holiday and allmy good clothes were in the wash so I am in old clothes and needed to mow the lawns first thing this morning ... fearing what the neighbours would think of my scruffy clothes I put on full makeup before going out to do the lawns ... it was not 9am, my neighbours were not likely to be outside but just in case I was ready to say hello ... I am terrible for not leaving the house without war paint ...

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum