What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is everyone up to? - The chat thread!

3 posters

Go down

What is everyone up to? - The chat thread! Empty What is everyone up to? - The chat thread!

Post  sunset30 Tue May 19, 2009 10:32 am

Hi all,

Thought I'd put in a place for you to tell everyone what's going on for you right now - what are you doing, are you going anywhere nice, plans for the bank holiday and general chat.

Cos I'm nosey and I like to know these things!

Anyway, personally, for me, it's all about the gym and swimming right now - I am taking J to the creche for his 15 minute trial, with a view to fitting in some extra gym time on a friday.

He has a group this pm, and school tomorrow (bye bye "bicycle" - he will be so sad!)
he has football on Thursday (he saw the coach doing lifeguard duty at his swim class yesterday and went mad shouting hello and waving!)

Oh, I ALSO have a letter to write - it's a uni exercise to do with my academic writing module, I plan on doing that today! I just finished another assignment on the weekend, adn hope it's OK!

AND< we are going to the Fooodie show at hampton court on Saturday - I am going to learn to cook!!! Wooohooo!!! I plan on attending the cooking together with children and Momma Cherris american soul food "talks" I also plan on sampling stuff! Samples are very small and I do have a swim AND my gym induction booked in for Sunday!
Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

What is everyone up to? - The chat thread! Empty Re: What is everyone up to? - The chat thread!

Post  Jeliwobble Tue May 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Laura, your life sounds so mega busy!

I'm having a spring clean at the moment. We have guests coming at the weekend who are allergic to cats, so I'm cleaning everything I can see and finding some nooks and crannies I'd forgotten existed. I cleaned three surfaces yesterday and filled my bin... Embarassed

The weather should be lovely now until the end of the week, so I'm going to get most of my washing done today and also the grocery shopping. I have these friends coming on Sunday. Hopefully, the weather will stay nice enough so we can go to the beach. Our beach is a lake and is free for the opening weekend, which is Memorial Day weekend, this weekend, so we can show them what an American beach looks like. These are UK friends! I don't think they've been to a lake beach yet. It kind of feels wrong...

It being Memorial Day weekend means we have the parade on Monday. Both girls are probably going to march this year as both are in softball. We've been invited to a friend's family picnic following that. This is not like an ordinary picnic as we would think. It's more like a barbecue. Everyone brings a salad or a pudding and something to throw on the grill. They provide the buns and the ambience! They also have a lake but it's not for swimming in as they have snapping turtles nesting. The kids go boating on it, which is fun, but it was a nightmare keeping G out of the water last year, God only know what it's going to be like this year!

So G's life isn't as exciting as J's! He just gets dragged around with me!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

What is everyone up to? - The chat thread! Empty Re: What is everyone up to? - The chat thread!

Post  sunset30 Tue May 19, 2009 3:02 pm

I am a bit jealous of the memorial day celebrations! Lake beach and parade and picnic barbecue sounds fab! If you ever need some more UK friends to visit you, let me know! Jamie is a bit keen on "A aeroplane" right now so.... Very Happy I only persuaded DP to hampton court cos I got the tickets for free!

Jamie LOVED the creche. it was embarrassing really, he wanted to get straight in there and play with the toys ("Open please, NEED toys!") and wailed and screamed like a banshee when he had to leave. You can book a week in advance so I have booked him in for 75 minutes on tuesday and will hope to get him in for the same on friday, if he likes it for that long (it's their workout deal and is cheaper than an hour - allowing for an hour workout and 15 minutes to shower and change!) I was very impressed with it too, so I am happy for him to go PLUS it's probably good for him to do something without me, if he is going to be ready for school in september!

Cleaning? How does that work then? Don't you just leave it until you look at the floor and think "OMG they pick stuff up off that and eat it", and then demand dp/h cleans it urgently?! Embarassed mind you, J tipped his juice into his cereal this morning, and continued to eat it! (maybe I should have confiscated it?)

Sadly, we are having a break from potty training - I think I might have been a bit over encouraging with the idea of being a "big boy" as J told me on the weekend, "I am not a big boy today, Mummy, I am a small boy baby" - he went from sitting up to the table and using a proper cup and TRYING to use the potty, to needing the high chair and his teddy and his baby cup and his nappy! Maybe it was a bit much all at once?Anyway, we are back to up to the table and proper cups, but the potty we have left until half term so we can have a week with no groups in it to see how we do at home properly!

Not as over done as the "say thank you Jamie" - I took him to feed the ducks (he breaks up the bread and DOES give it to the ducks now YAY) and he threw bread in and said "say thank you ducks!"

I get easily bored. it's a sickness really, Embarassed Normal people stay in and have dull days - I get physically fidgity and depressed doing that!

Lx

Last edited by sunset30 on Tue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  sunset30 Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 am

OK I am putting my new chat too - on this old thread where no one wants to tell me their news and gossip Sad .
I am sick of the other place - it's full of whingey people who like to think they are superior to others, and people who bang on about seeing both sides of an argument, but clearly will not do so, and it's pretty horrible actually! Small rant over, I ahev lots of good things to say!

First - I got offered a sunday job! Teaching disabled kids to swim! I used to do that in USA and explained that my quals are all american (and largely lapsed) but they are checking things out and will let me know monday!

Second, I lost a STONE in the last 4 weeks! 2 more stone by october and I get to throw myself out of a plane! (DP says if I can lose that much then I can have the parachute jump for my birthday!)

Third, I am on the verge of being expected to run a years volunteer project to set up a charity shop. IF I do this (and the programme last night really inspired me, did nyone see it?) and write a report on how it goes, then I can go on the Nepal Trek I want to do (If I fund raise as well, but less pressure to raise huge amounts as the charity will cover much of it as a volunteer expense if I don't get ANYTHING else from my year. (will still raise as much as I can, as they are a good charity who need the funds)

Fourth - I am struggling with college - I know it's meant to be hard, but I have some confidence blocks, and not sure how to deal with them.

Fith - MY parents are visiting for the weekend - they are already trrying to fleece me out of money for things (petrol money if we decide to go for a day at the coast / gym money if tehy go with me to the gym etc etc etc etc Basically for them to want to do ANYTHING other than turn up, I have to pay, for people who have NEVER taken Jamie ANYWHERE, and who can't get here till very late cos my brother is on holiday with his girlfriend and so they can't leave until they have dropped his kids off with their Mum after work)

Lx
sunset30
sunset30

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm

My life is exceptionally dull. Everyone on my BB at The Other Place is popping their babies out. Because of a mix up with my dates [ie, because my MW was an idiot and can't tell the difference between a 6 wk pregnant woman and a 14 wk pregnant woman] I belong to June even though I'm due in July. By the time we found out I was actually due in late July I had made friends and didn't want to leave June. But that means that right now, as I enter my last month, all my pregnancy buddies are clutching their lovely little soft bundles of wonderfulness and all I can do is sit here and feel annoyed at them. Very reasonable of me, not.

Today I'm in one of those moods where I REALLY REALLY REALLY love M an unreasonable and unconditional amount. I was reading back over my diary from when we met....I had three other guys on the go at the time, I was engaged and my fiance was finally making solid plans to move from Bournemouth to London. I was also alienating my friends with self destructive behavior and a complete inability to make any healthy decisions. I was whiny and miserable and more deeply depressed than I realised at the time. Being reminded of how bad things were and then reading over the next few months, after-Mike, made me realise all over again how amazing he is as a person and how lucky I am to have him. It makes me go all squidgy in my tummy! He changed my life and sometimes, when he doesnt pick up his boxers or when he doesn't unpack the dishwasher, I forget that. And I shouldn't. I should remember that I'm a pretty irritating person to live with too, and that it was basically cosmic coincidence that slammed us together and we just happened to be a perfect fit. I should be supremely grateful to the cosmos. If I didn't have M I would currently be stuck in the fifth year of an abusive relationship, still drinking my life away, still unhappy, still willing to let life dump me where it wanted instead of trying to MAKE a life for myself like I am now.

Also, my package from Mothercare.com JUST ARRIVED while I was writing this. Second package I've got today (my steam steriliser arrived at some point this morning and I only barely remembered to put my dressing gown on to answer the door, but still can't remember if I did it up, as I dumped the box on the stairs and went straight back to sleep) and my super-duper-mega-package from babies-r-us is arriving by tuesday at the latest, and then I will OFFICIALLY be done buying baby stuff.

M just said 'I want yorkshire puddings' and now *I* really want yorkshire puddings Sad

(my life is so exciting, clearly)
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down