What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Pudsy Bear Refused a Passport!

2 posters

Go down

Mrs Pudsy Bear Refused a Passport! Empty Mrs Pudsy Bear Refused a Passport!

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Link to Story

A woman who has changed her identity to that of BBC Children in Need mascot Pudsey Bear is fighting to get a passport issued under her new name.

The Identity and Passport Service (IPS), in their letter to Mrs Bear, wrote: "It is deemed to be a frivolous change of name, which would bring IPS into disrepute. It could also pose problems for you at border control in some countries."

What do you think about this? Is she crazy? Or do the passport control officers just need to allow any and all Deed-Poll-changed names?

I'm so glad Scotland has no such thing as Deed Poll, lmao!

XX
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mrs Pudsy Bear Refused a Passport! Empty Re: Mrs Pudsy Bear Refused a Passport!

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Why change her name to Pudsey Bear??

I think Deed Poll name changes should be used to allow name changes which are necessary because of more serious matters- How ridiculous...people just get stranger and stranger...
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 am

You can change your name to whatever you want in the UK and I think this is a good thing. Who cares if it's deemed 'frivolous' by some, this is the moniker she wishes to be known as and they passport office should respect that. The fact that she's taken the bigger step of changing it by deed poll means that she has made it the most official that she can. Which says to me that this is not a frivolous change at all, but something she considers quite serious. Even if it's just for a year, this is the name she has chosen to wear for that year and the authorities should respect that.

Sorry, but I think that if you have the brass balls to change your name for charity, and go through with it, then you should be given the courtesy of the authorities treating that with respect.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum