What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smoking in prgnancy

+6
Mrs Big Boobs
Anybugger
EeeGee
BethanyG
mummyloves3
Mushroom
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

smoking in prgnancy - Page 2 Empty Re: smoking in prgnancy

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Thank you Eeegee,

For the record I am not comparing Smoking and Bottle feeding, it was a JOKE

I have bottle and breast feed my 3 Children, for varying lengths of time.

I have been a smoker each time I found myself pregnant. I gave up immediately with DS1 and DD however the one in between was harder, not sure why but I knew I was pg for at least 3 weeks and still had the odd cig,
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Mrs Big Boobs wrote:i don't think pregnant women should smoke but appreciate that it is hard to stop. ( i think- I know some people say they put their child first and stopped as soon as they knew they were pregnant)
I agree - I don't really think pregnant women should smoke, but as I said, I couldn't stop and I tried both times.

Mrs Big Boobs wrote:Think we x posted I was trying to work out how to quote!! darn it!
LOL! No worries!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:48 pm

OMG any bugger!!! You smoked AND bottlefed???!!! *goes to yell.com and finds Social Services and reports anybugger* Wink

ETA This too is a joke - in case any body was unsure....
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Mrs Big Boobs wrote:OMG any bugger!!! You smoked AND bottlefed???!!! *goes to yell.com and finds Social Services and reports anybugger* Wink

LMAO!!!

Me too!!! Do you want my address? You can report me as well while you're there!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Mrs Big Boobs wrote:OMG any bugger!!! You smoked AND bottlefed???!!! *goes to yell.com and finds Social Services and reports anybugger* Wink

Yes and they wear disposables
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Anybugger wrote:

Well the 9 year old is nearly
out of them during the day!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Oh my gosh Hannah it gets worse, not disposables too!!! lol!

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Anybugger wrote:

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anybugger wrote:Well the 9 year old is nearly out of them during the day!
LMFAO!
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mushroom Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 pm

I cant beleve u all think its funny that u smoked. bottle feeding is fine but im shoked that u are jokin about the fact u smoked. i wud feel ashamed of my self insted of showing off about it. Rolling Eyes

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh yes and in case you were wondering.....
My username refers to their dads
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Mushroom wrote:I cant beleve u all think its funny that u smoked. bottle feeding is fine but im shoked that u are jokin about the fact u smoked. i wud feel ashamed of my self insted of showing off about it. Rolling Eyes
Mushroom if you read the posts I said that I gave up immediately with two of my children and then had the odd cig with the 2nd.
The joking is an attempt to diffuse a potentially volitile post that was causing upset.
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  EeeGee Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Anybugger wrote:
Mushroom wrote:I cant beleve u all think its funny that u smoked. bottle feeding is fine but im shoked that u are jokin about the fact u smoked. i wud feel ashamed of my self insted of showing off about it. Rolling Eyes
The joking is an attempt to diffuse a potentially volitile post that was causing upset.
Exactly. And I've said that I tried to give up.

NOT that I have to explain myself to you. I already stated my opinion. I'm not posting on this thread anymore. *FLOUNCE*

(Unless someone really pees me off Twisted Evil )
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Anybugger wrote:
Mushroom if you read the posts I said that I gave up immediately with two of my children and then had the odd cig with the 2nd.

Here here Anybugger.

We have seen things get out of hand before and want to avoid it. Hopefully we can get back to sensible discussions now. Very Happy
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mushroom Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Anybugger wrote:

sorry i wasnt saying you was a bad parent or anything, i just thought it was a funny thing to joke about. i didnt mean to upset anyone.

Mushroom

Back to top Go down

smoking in prgnancy - Page 2 Empty is this a serious thread!?!?! Not sure will reply anyway.

Post  Smartiepants Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 am

Hi, after reading through all that i'll give you MY opinion on smoking whilst pregnant. It is up to the expectant mother to decide whether she is going to continue or stop smoking.
I was a 10 a day smoker and gave up the morning I found out I was pregnant. 3 years later I still haven't smoked. It's really hard, I still crave them to this day. But I don't want my DD to smoke, I don't want her to be exposed to it and I don't want to go back to being a smoker. And I won't. Now, I NEED a fag.
I didn't think I needed to post the facts about smoking during pregnancy but from some of the comments, i'm certainly tempted too.
I won't judge anyone who smokes when pregnant, but I don't agree with it, and I think it's wrong. If something has been medically proven to harm your unborn child why do it.
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  northern soul Fri May 01, 2009 12:48 am

I am currently taking Champix, which is a tablet to help me stop as I also dont want my son to smoke like me.
I did smoke whilst pregnant, I am not proud of it and I do feel it was selfish now my son is here. However I feel it would also be just as selfish for me to let him grow up with em still smoking...I am his role model after all and he copies me all the time so why would I see smoking as any different.
Also I want to go to Florida next year with him and if I stop now we can afford it... Laughing
Its a shame this thread went off track as I was hoping this site would eb a friendlier one... Crying or Very sad

northern soul

Back to top Go down

Post  BethanyG Fri May 01, 2009 10:37 am

Smartiepants wrote:Hi, after reading through all that i'll give you MY opinion on smoking whilst pregnant. It is up to the expectant mother to decide whether she is going to continue or stop smoking.
I was a 10 a day smoker and gave up the morning I found out I was pregnant. 3 years later I still haven't smoked. It's really hard, I still crave them to this day. But I don't want my DD to smoke, I don't want her to be exposed to it and I don't want to go back to being a smoker. And I won't. Now, I NEED a fag.
I didn't think I needed to post the facts about smoking during pregnancy but from some of the comments, i'm certainly tempted too.
I won't judge anyone who smokes when pregnant, but I don't agree with it, and I think it's wrong. If something has been medically proven to harm your unborn child why do it.

Hear hear smartiepants. This is what I was trying to say but I was a bit off yesterday. I smoked for four years 15 a day until the day i found out i was pregnant with my daughter i stopped strait away and i do still want one but would never do it. I would not put my daughters health at risk just bcoz i want somethin quiet badly.

BethanyG

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm

northern soul wrote:
Its a shame this thread went off track as I was hoping this site would eb a friendlier one... Crying or Very sad

I think that it mostly is. I don't think you can have a forum that sets out to talk about people's opinions that doesn't have slanging matches, though!

Smoking while pregnant is WRONG. As is drinking. Both are drugs and the poster who expressed the fact that they thought druggies taking their drug of choice during pregnancy were scum was calling themselves scum.

However, I can't say that a smoker is doing anything less for their baby than a drinker, than a heroin addict or even an anorexic or someone who only eats junk food. We all have our foibles, we all do things to our bodies that are wrong and therefore we do those things to our babies too. But doing all the right things is no guarantee that you will have an excellent outcome, just as doing all the wrong things can easily end up with a healthy baby.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum