What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green fingered or too much like hard work?

+4
lazzasmrs
Henri
prettypinkflowers
Anybugger
8 posters

Go down

Green fingered or too much like hard work? Empty Green fingered or too much like hard work?

Post  Anybugger Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Do you have a garden? Do you enjoy gardening or is it just another chore?

I absolutely love gardening, I had to live with just lawn for 4 years after moving here and I nearly cried when we saved enough to have it landscaped.

I designed the garden and then worked with the builders when they came. they left it with no soft landscaping so al the planting was down to me.

I have loved planting it up and am very proud of how it looks. If I could do anything else as work I would love to work with plants and garden design.

Tell us about your garden............
Here's mine (very small pics)

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/83/22/26/garden19.jpg Before
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/83/22/26/garden20.jpg Getting started
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/83/22/26/garden21.jpg When builders left
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Green fingered or too much like hard work? Empty Re: Green fingered or too much like hard work?

Post  prettypinkflowers Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:47 pm

I see my garden as the one bit of space that is pretty and nice to look at when the rest of the house is chaos!!! It is place where H and I can kick a ball and watch the world go around. We have planted so many flowers this year to make it prettier, but however it turns out it is our spcae, our little place on the earth that we can do what we like with!!!
I have a tiny budget for planting and also want to keep as much lawn for H as posisble so the vege patches are lined up next to the sandpit and the flowers go along the back fence and out the front. I am hoping to buy some more hanging baskets for the fence this weekend, that way I get the pretty flowers to look at and don;t have to worry about a football landing on them!!!
I would love to redo the paving one day but it migt be a job for a few years time, at least I can get bits of the garden sorted this year and we can enjoy that for now.
Hannah your garden is HUGE!!! You must have had so much fun planning that and planting it. I am sure it will be gorgeous when you post the next photo in mid summer when all the flowers are out!!! hint hint I want to see more photos please!!!
jx flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Green fingered or too much like hard work? Empty Re: Green fingered or too much like hard work?

Post  Anybugger Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Oh J, I know what you mean about, your space,
H must love it,
I have about a third planted up and two thirds lawn/play area/chickens and now veg beds. I am constantly arguing with Dh about football space. When the boys are a bit older they will be able to go off into the woods behind and I can plant up more in their absence!!
Am also planning a living willow (think I have missed the boat this year)
I will take some more pics, the problem with me (as usual) is gettting them onto the pc!!! The other pics are 2 years old so it already looks very different.
I am spending the weekends weatherboarding that monstrosty of a garage!!!
Can I see pics of yours?
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:03 pm

We don't have a garden, but we do have a balcony (our house starts on the first-floor, not ground level) and I do have a few pots that I am in the process of planting up. Its not much, but it's a bit of color and something to DO, so I like it.

I'm not into major gardening. My mom was and she found it relaxing but I dont at all. I might change once we have a bit more space but gardens should be for playing in and filled with tree's for climbing, not flowers for looking at. Flowers should go in pots, or grow mad and wild and chaotic.

I'm definitely not that green fingered!
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:44 am

I feel like a real gardener today ... I just got in to work and one of the ladies bought me some cuttings from her ivy plant. They are to go into my hanging baskets, I can't wait to get home and plant them ... I have never had a hobby like this before I am so very excited about it!!!

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  lazzasmrs Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:44 pm

I love gardening, but since having Caiden it has taken a back seat as there just weren't enough hours in the day.

We moved into our new house when I was 4 mths pg so never really did anything that year, slightly landscaped & re-planted the lawn last year, and the plan for this year is to get some plants/bushes in to brighten the border up and to replace the workshop at the end of the garden.

I do have a big garden (for those on fb, there are some photos there, I will try and put some on here later but fb is blocked from work) and it is mostly lawn as J is 12 and loves the 'football size lawn' to kick about on.

J, would also love to see photos, as haven't seen the self-built finished sandpit yet Smile

lazzasmrs

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm

I will attempt to put some photos up tonight ... hopefully it is straight forward

Jillian

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:55 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/83/79/85/02710.jpg

Green fingered or too much like hard work? 02710

I am just attempting to upload photos of the vege patch and sandpit ... not sure if it will work ...

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  lazzasmrs Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 am

Last edited by lazzasmrs on Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

lazzasmrs

Back to top Go down

Post  lazzasmrs Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:00 am

Last edited by lazzasmrs on Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

lazzasmrs

Back to top Go down

Post  lazzasmrs Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:02 am

lazzasmrs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Sat May 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Wow Jillina- how do you keep you grass looking so green? Ours was returfed 2 years ago and was lush - now its all patchy...we don't know if it's the dog or the worms. (we had lots of worm casts which then turned into mud patches.)
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Sat May 09, 2009 11:04 pm

My lawn is 2 years old, previously there were trees everywhere, my ex took the trees down and completely cleared the section (shed, greenhouse etc all removed) we had the roatary hope out and dug it all over then threw seed randomly ... Now in a stupid attempt to proove to the ex (who I really shouldn't have to proove anything to) I try to make the garden perfect! I cut the lawn every week and reseed the bits that look odd as soon as I decide they need re doing!!! Its silly really as I have nothing to proove to anyone but I now enjoy the gardening and love looking out over the lawn as it is tidy whenthe rest of the house is chaos!!!

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 12:05 am

Its lovely, wish my lawn looked like yours, bet you don't have a dog!!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  prettypinkflowers Sun May 10, 2009 12:12 am

No dog, had two when H was born and the garden was covered in trees and tiny stones, it was a nightmare, need a bigger section to be fair on a dog really ... and I love it that H can play in the garden without having to worry about dog mess (just cats mess ... why do cats get to go where they like and no one has to clean up after them!!!)

jx

flower

prettypinkflowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sun May 10, 2009 12:19 am

I know, I was at a garden centre the other day and they were selling a plant as a cat repellant!!
It actually had a cat face with a Ban sign like my avatar through it!!!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 1:36 pm

I love being in my garden to me it is theraputic and gives me my own time out. It is not a brilliant garden but its good enough. heres a pic of my back garden quite basic
Green fingered or too much like hard work? FullViewOfBackgarden-1
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Torm, that looks lovely, lots of playing space!
Are you planning on doing anything to it?
hx
p.s Welcome to the Board!!!!
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Fri May 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Torm, your back garden looks like my UK back garden in length. Mine's split down the middle into a veggie plot at the back and lawn at the front.
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat2 Fri May 15, 2009 4:53 pm

I love my garden but I'm not green fingered, If i let it get bad enough when my Mum comes round she ends up doing it for me (bargin thumbs up )
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

Post  Torm Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks for the welcome Anybugger, atm i am not planning much on anything else til i know if i am moving or not which is here and there atm. Jelliewobble thats just the back garden my front is quite small but i do live in a flat and it is all my own garden i do not share so we are lucky really Very Happy
Torm
Torm

http://tandgsforums.informe.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down