What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit of advice please.

3 posters

Go down

A bit of advice please. Empty A bit of advice please.

Post  fatcat2 Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

Hi to all that are reading, please offer advice even if you don't have older Children please.

My DD is 5 and has always eaten well (with a little push she is very lazy when it comes to food) and she enjoys a very varied diet but all of a sudden she is taking a few mouthfuls and saying she is full, she dose know she will get nothing else and she doesn't ask. To start with I thought it was only food that she has to make an effort i.e.. Anything that she has to cut up but it seems to be anything even pasta that takes no effort at all. I do praise her when she eats and I try not to get worked up when she doesn't, I'm just lost as to what to do.

Should I not worry and just keep trying or should I try another tactic?

Thanks.
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

A bit of advice please. Empty Re: A bit of advice please.

Post  Koru Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:52 am

To be honest I would just leave her for now, I should think that it's just a stage, and trying to push the issue will only make it worse. If and when she's hungry I'm sure she will eat, just make sure that she isn't filling up on snacks between or after meals, and I'm sure it will pass.
Easier said than done I know, but just give it some time.
Koru
Koru

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

I agree, I would just ignore and continue to give her the same amount.
Perhaps you could look to get some new cutlery or plate to encourage her, or maybe cook her favourite food for a while so she can get back into the habit of eating.
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Koru Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:04 am

Just another thought, could you try to get her to help you to cook the odd meal? If she felt that she'd had an imput in making it, she might be more keen to eat it?
Koru
Koru

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum