What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time.

4 posters

Go down

AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time. Empty AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time.

Post  fatcat2 Tue May 12, 2009 11:44 am

Hello all I've been lurking for a while on here but I've finaly flounced from BC as I was just not finding it fun anymore.
So I wave at everyone cheeky

Anyhoo this is my dilemer. We have a Newfoundland dog he weighs 69kg and takes alot of looking after which I do it all, he is getting on a bit and I always said if we were to get another it would have to be before he gets too old as i don't want to feel like i was replaceing him, the thing is I would like a *female dog* this time as they are smaller and are easyer to groom and don't slobber as much so house work is less but DH still wants a male (as he likes the size....I think he's compansating for something tongue)
So as it's me that dose all the work do you think IBU to want to put my foot down.

You will have to exuse my spelling as you don't have spell check Sad Embarassed

Catherine
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time. Empty Re: AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time.

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 11:52 am

I don't think YABU at all! You are the main caregiver, so it should be your decision in the main, IMO.

It's not like you're saying when he 'goes' you'll have no more dogs - you just want a female this time! Perfectly reasonable IMO.

XX

P.S - Welcome!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time. Empty Re: AIBU to want us to have a female dog next time.

Post  Anybugger Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello cheerleader cheerleader

I don't think UABU but can't see where the compromise is?

Would your DH consider a different breed? I can't imagine having one dog that big, let alone two!!
Hope you get it resolved
Hannah x
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 pm

I don't think YABU at all! Why doesn't he want a female? Is he bothered about spaying, or is he anti-spaying and worried about her coming into heat, or...? Do you want a female newfie, or another breed entirely?

IMO, if you do all the work re. grooming, feeding, walking, vet care, you have a right to get the dog you want.
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Tue May 12, 2009 10:19 pm

You're not being unreasonable at all. Tell the OH if he wants another male dog, he can do the looking after bit too!
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcat2 Wed May 13, 2009 12:21 am

Thank you, I will give a swift kick up his jacksee and tell him what's what Grrrr tantrum

I'm loving all the smilieys!
fatcat2
fatcat2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down