What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality TV

+3
c1nd3rs
Sassybabe
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Reality TV Empty Reality TV

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:43 pm

What do you think of so-called reality television?

Do you hate the whole concept?

Do you enjoy certain programes but despise the rest?

Is Reality TV one of your favourite types of show to watch?

Do you find them compelling?

WYO?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://whatsyouropinionon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reality TV Empty Reality TV

Post  Sassybabe Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 am

This is the cause of much TV remote wrestling between myself and DH. I love Big Brother, Strictly (and the American version, Dancing with the Stars), Dancing on Ice, Pop Idol, Britain's Got Talent, I'm a Celebrity . . . well, the list goes on. And I would watch much more if said DH didn't win with the wrestling matches most of the time. But my argument is, if I have to sit through repeat episodes of Airwolf, The A Team, The Professionals, Starsky and Hutch, Magnum PI . . . his list is much longer, believe me, surely I should be able to indulge in the occasional guilty Reality TV pleasure. Yes, it's car crash TV, but I like it!
Sassybabe
Sassybabe

Back to top Go down

Reality TV Empty Re: Reality TV

Post  c1nd3rs Thu May 07, 2009 6:54 pm

They can be ok, loved the first pop idol, however I think they should be done once and left alone. That and they are all so formulaic, it really doesn't matter which one you are watching it's the same thing.

That said I do like Strictly Come Dancing and that keeps coming back again and again.
c1nd3rs
c1nd3rs

Back to top Go down

Post  Smartiepants Thu May 07, 2009 9:59 pm

I love it. I get completely sucked in. I'm obsessed with the Apprentice at the moment. I don't like the cheap versions like "nanny 911" instead of Supernanny though.
Looking forward to BB this year. Actually to not sound like a total saddo, I mainly like these shows to take the piss out of the candidates/housemates...NOT because I actually think the program is of good quality!
Smartiepants
Smartiepants

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadiva Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Love Strictly Come Dancing, also enjoyed watching the Nancy one because I knew I wanted the fab Jodie to win and I could see how her size was putting some people off. Don't really watch any of the other serial ones but I did like things like Victorian Farm and the one where they sent everyone to the Hebrides and also the Vets In Practice all those years ago!
Cadiva
Cadiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeliwobble Sat May 09, 2009 6:10 am

I like talent shows. A lot. MY summer show is about to start on the 21st May. So You Think You Can Dance (I spotted Benji dancing with Paula on Idol on Wednesday and I was made UP!) is my absolute favourite. I never got into DWTS and so I didn't get into Strictly when it was shown on BBC America, either. I watched quite a bit of Dancing on Ice when I was home, which was very good. I download BGT and I will be downloading X-Factor this year (probably LMAO!), but I don't watch AGT even though it's got Piers and the Hoff in it!

I can't stand fly on the wall reality shows, especially ones where they make you eat ridiculous things for our viewing 'pleasure'. I don't like slapstick comedy and, much as I appreciated Mr Creosote as the epitome of the genre, I don't want to watch it on my tv on a regular basis.

My second favourite show is Biggest Loser. I love the show because it's so life transforming. The people who take part in it are so inspirational... I almost wish I was heavy enough to take part!
Jeliwobble
Jeliwobble

Back to top Go down

Post  Anybugger Sat May 09, 2009 6:02 pm

From thinking about the different types I think I like the ones where they have a skill involved,
ie Dancing on Ice, The Apprentice, BGT etc etc, the ones like the Farm and BB just send me to sleep.

I do hate it when "celebs" try to up their profile doing stooopid things.
Anybugger
Anybugger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum