What's YOUR Opinion On ...?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drinking (heavily) during pg.

5 posters

Go down

drinking (heavily) during pg. Empty drinking (heavily) during pg.

Post  Mrs Big Boobs Fri May 01, 2009 12:21 am

Kind of 'inspired' by another thread. What do you think about women who drink a lot during pregnancy?
I am shocked at the amount of women I see out quite heavily pregnant and drinking like there is no tomorrow.

Is a little bit of alcohol okay? WYO?

For the record I drank maybe a glass of wine a week after 20 weeks - but not every week.
Mrs Big Boobs
Mrs Big Boobs

Back to top Go down

drinking (heavily) during pg. Empty Drinking in pregnancy

Post  MrsGoggins Fri May 01, 2009 12:25 am

I don't drink really so never wanted to when I was pregnant. I did have a craving for vodka once though, lol. I wouldn't want to do anything that hrmed my baby.
MrsGoggins
MrsGoggins

Back to top Go down

drinking (heavily) during pg. Empty Re: drinking (heavily) during pg.

Post  EeeGee Fri May 01, 2009 12:27 am

I had the odd glass of wine and one beer once (all on separate occasions) but the question was drinking heavily which I think is a bad idea - not least because it could cause lots of problems including falling down and hurting self/baby etc etc.
EeeGee
EeeGee

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsGoggins Fri May 01, 2009 12:45 am

My friend is a midwife and she recently was involved in social services because of a pregnant mother who was an alcoholic. A shame that people don't seek help for their addiction.
MrsGoggins
MrsGoggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Henri Fri May 01, 2009 12:48 am

I haven't touched a drop since I got pregnant. Not because I'm trying to be a good mom, but because I gave up drinking ages ago and didn't see the point. It was a nice excuse to say no to alcohol.

I dont think there's owt wrong with a glass or a pint once a week, as long as you're sensible, but I think drinking heavily while pregnant is incredibly irresponsible and bordering on vile. If you have issues with drink, get thee to a fucking doctor, and if you don't, you have no excuse.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post  mummyloves3 Fri May 01, 2009 10:24 am

Ok i mite have smoked a bit when i wuz pregnant but i didnt drink. aint nuffing wrong with the odd glass but thes girls who get pissed up are just stoopid. i got a friend who wuld still go clubbin when she wuz preggers. i didnt likes that at all. nuffing wrong with her baby but it is a risk i wouldnt take. i heard babies can be born alcholic. it is as bad as smak. there wuz a woman on loose womin who siad 1 drink and your baby might end up with adhd or downs.
mummyloves3
mummyloves3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum